C25K ...

Options
Anybody doing it?? Any opinions of the program would be appreciated!!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm a "graduate!"

It works. I'm still amazed I can run. I never, ever ran before... I think the most I ever ran at one time was a half mile to make up a skipped high school gym class 20 years ago. (We had to do one mile for each skipped class, so I ran half, walked half.)
  • prencesskl
    prencesskl Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, but I have heard nothing but good things about it....
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just did wk 1 day 1..and will be repeating..I didn't realize how hard it is to run a full min!!
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just finished on Sunday, and I admit I'm a little bit missing it. I ran 3 miles tonight on the treadmill just "for old times' sake."
  • ElizabethLachney
    Options
    Congrats!! Thanks for the response. I just bought the app and plan to start on Monday!! I'm very excited to see how I do!!
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4 day 2 and my knees hurt haha
  • Mcogelia
    Mcogelia Posts: 16
    Options
    I am on week 3 now and I love it!!!
  • kristenm214
    kristenm214 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 Day 2! I bought the app also. Completely worth the $2.99! This is also the most I've ever run in my entire life!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Started week 5 today! I find that actually look forward to it! I'm wishing that i didn't have to wait a day in between to do it again! Although after week 5 day 3 I don't know if I will still feel the same way! lol Guess we'll find out soon enough!!
  • ElizabethLachney
    Options
    I'm super excited to see so many others doing it/completed with positive outcomes. Makes me that much more excited to get started!! :happy:
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I graduated too -sort of. I made it throught the program in just a few weeks. I found I had the endurance, but I didn't have the speed. Once I worked on the speed everything fell into place. It was pretty cool! I still actually do the program during my routine because it keeps it exciting. I don't like to just run... I like the run/walk concept.
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    I just started week 3 today. I love it and I can't believe how addicting and exciting it is to move up in the program. I've repeated some weeks along the way. There is no need to follow the program exactly as long as you are MOVING!!! Good luck and enjoy!
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    I started on this yesterday - downloaded the 9 weeks worth of pod-casts a few weeks ago but I've only just plucked up courage to try them. Week one wouldn't work (downloaded it a few times but just can't get it to go!) so I've jumped in at week 2 which didn't feel too bad as I've been doing a bit of jogging on the treadmill. I'm feeling fairly comfortable with it so I'll probably progress to week 2's workout next Wednesday. I'm not quite sure how fast I should be doing the walking phase or how fast I should be doing the jogging phase. What speeds are you doing?

Netty
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Second session of c25k this morning. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and feel so invigorated! My treadmill is in the conservatory so I'm having to do my session before work in the morning otherwise it's too hot in there by the time I get home (even though it's only about 9 degrees outside here in the UK right now - it soon warms up with the sun on the glass all day!)

I hope that I keep my enthusiasm as the workout becomes harder. The podcaster says to leave one day between sessions so I think I'll do each one 6 or 7 times before I move on to the next (or longer if I'm struggling) that means that the 9 week target will most likely be 18 to 20 weeks for me but hey ho. I can't even run for a bus never mind run 5k so if taking my time gets me there in the end then I'll do it slowly!

Hope everyone else is doing ok with their c25k efforts
    Netty