exercises

Options
Ok so Iam a mom of four and have no extra money for videos or equiptment. What are some great fat burning exercises

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Walking....doesn't cost a thing and you can take your kids with you (and pushing a stroller will increase the calories burned)!
    That's really the only exercise I did during the 15 months I was losing weight. It's what helped me lose it....it's what helps me keep it off. 1600+ miles last year....aiming for 1800 this year.:smile:
    Kaye
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Walking lunges, squats, situps, dips, skipping with a skipping rope, walking. There are heaps of things you can do at home for no or very little money.
    If you have a good internet download limit you could get a few work out dvd's for free off the net. Or you could down load fitness programs like the sparta work out.
    You could also hire fitness dvd's from your local video shop.
    Good luck with it.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When my children were small, I worked out with the morning TV shows. I got up before them and made it a priority to get in a 30 minute work out every day. Now there are so many more to choose from. My daughter has a subscription to Netflix, which is only about $6.00 a month. She can watch and use any workout fitness tape that is available there. She downloads them directly to her WIi, but you can also still do the mail-in program. Walking is great, when the schedule and weather permits. I just always found it easier to get in the workout before the little ones got up. Then any extra exercise I got with them was a bonus.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I am a mom of two. I bought a VCR/TV combo from Good Will for literally $7 and paid another two bucks for a Buns of Steel VHS tape -- how's that for old fashioned fitness and cheap?

I also have Comcast ON Demand and I think there are some fitness channels on it that I am going to explore.

I work full time and have twin boys that are four years old so I can't get out much to exercise.

I'm going to do my best though, even if I have to just walk up and down the stairs of my house...

I'm tired of wearing sweat pants.
  • bethymay123
    Options
    I feel you about the sweat pants. The ones I wear are from my last pregnancy:(
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of videos online. Hulu.com has some from Self that are pretty good and free to watch. Also youtube has many available as well.

Try self.com
    shape.com
    womensheatlhmag.com
    They all have great work outs online as well!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend in this sense. In particular google body weight exercise and see what you can find. There are a bunch of body weight things you can do that will really work you hard. Any sort of calisthenics as well.
  • niknik43
    niknik43 Posts: 36
    Options
    I did a search on my satellite TV and recorded a series of fitness programs called Total Body and Fitness.

If you don't have satellite or a DVR, try your local library! And the best part...they're free!