Bad food day - HELP!!

Options
Hey all,

I only joined the site yesterday, and I am very motivatd..

But today's food diary proved that I had a disastrous food day and my calorie count was BAD to say the least.

I think it was because we celebrated a birthday today at wor and I ate cake and snacks! I wouldn't usually eat the rubbish I had today!

Can anyone provide me with advice to keep me on track and boost my positive energy again please?! THANK U!

Replies

• sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    You have to think of every day as a new start. Try to be prepared with healthy snacks next time there is a celebration you don't want to miss. There were donuts at work yesterday and I actually thought about getting one, stood looking in the box, but I had a fiber bar in my desk and I ate that instead.

Don't give up, just take one step at a time.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Sorry its probably not going to be the first time you fall. Just try to do better tomorrow, its all learning my dear. And not easy!
  • HerbaggeMASTER
    Options
    Hey all,

I only joined the site yesterday, and I am very motivatd..

But today's food diary proved that I had a disastrous food day and my calorie count was BAD to say the least.

I think it was because we celebrated a birthday today at wor and I ate cake and snacks! I wouldn't usually eat the rubbish I had today!

Can anyone provide me with advice to keep me on track and boost my positive energy again please?! THANK U!

i get like 1 cheat day a wekk but just workout after wards like my problem is i eat less lol

But good luck stay focused

oh also dont starve yourself just limit your intake
  • sarahelle2
    sarahelle2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply!

Its not so much weak will power, it was just the spur of the moment, I didnt think before reaching out for the cake and snacks as I didn't want to look like I wasn't 'enjoying the moment' with my team members! Bad move, as I am feeling terrible right now and not looking forward to waking up tomorrow with a bloated stomach! Grrrrrrrrrr IF ONLY I HADN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    if you were celebrating your bday.......have at it. tomorrow is a new day and 'yesterday' is gone. look forward and go on w/ your plan. happy birthday btw!:flowerforyou:
  • daracuda
    daracuda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Earn extra calories by working out. Spinning 577 calories = a whole extra meal!!!
  • kpovich
    kpovich Posts: 27
    Options
    This happens all the time!!!! I find myself in the same situation a few times a week. I TRY to watch the portions of the bad stuff and chew slowly savoring the taste of each bite. When I go too far, I exercise harder that night to offset my bad days. :)

Just don't get too down on yourself when it happens.

Good Luck!!!!
  • sarahelle2
    Options
    wOO HOO! :) I feel better now!

And I LOVE SPIN CLASS :) Need to re-join a local gym, if I only had the money!

Thank u my fitness pals... bring on tomorrow ! x
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me the first time I started counting calories. The most shocking moment was when I saw that my morning cup of coffee had almost as many calories as my breakfast. Knowing that, though, I was able to make changes to where my cup of coffee is now only 40 calories, versus hundreds. That's the great thing about doing this; you can see exactly where you're going over and make those changes. If you know you had foods today that you normally wouldn't have, I would wait until tomorrow when you can track your normal calories. Then, go through your food log and see which areas need improvement. My first couple of days doing this, I realized that too many of my calories were consumed in snacks so I've made sure to cut back on those.

I hope you enjoy this site...it's been amazing for me. I've manually added calories before and this site makes it so much easier. Plus I have the app. on my phone so I never have to worry about not being able to log my foods. Good luck to you...I hope you stay motivated and reach your goals!
  • sarahelle2
    Options
    The same thing happened to me the first time I started counting calories. The most shocking moment was when I saw that my morning cup of coffee had almost as many calories as my breakfast. Knowing that, though, I was able to make changes to where my cup of coffee is now only 40 calories, versus hundreds. That's the great thing about doing this; you can see exactly where you're going over and make those changes. If you know you had foods today that you normally wouldn't have, I would wait until tomorrow when you can track your normal calories. Then, go through your food log and see which areas need improvement. My first couple of days doing this, I realized that too many of my calories were consumed in snacks so I've made sure to cut back on those.

I hope you enjoy this site...it's been amazing for me. I've manually added calories before and this site makes it so much easier. Plus I have the app. on my phone so I never have to worry about not being able to log my foods. Good luck to you...I hope you stay motivated and reach your goals!
  • sarahelle2
    Options
    thank u for the gr8 advice!!!
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It can definitely be a wake up call when you start keeping track of your calories!!! But don't beat yourself up about it!!! Like many said before, tomorrow is a new day - the most important thing is to be aware of what you're eating and if you're going to indulge, you can either plan out for it or do something active to make up for it!!!
    Keep your chin up and keep at it :)
  • bmj1985
    bmj1985 Posts: 32
    Options
    It's a learning experience really! It takes awhile to get used to making choices to keep you on track. Tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity! You'll do great!!
  • nicolette311
    Options
    Don't beat up on yourself for a slip, it'll only make it worse and make yourself more discouraged. Just keep on the right track as much as possible and work off those calories if you can! You're going to have days like this once in a while, just be prepared to coach yourself through it and make meal plans for the coming week. The more you have structured out for yourself, the less likely you'll be to stray from your plan! Good luck and keep that chin up!

P.S. Mmmm, caaaake, LOL!
  • sarahelle2
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!! YOU'RE AMAZING FITNESS BUDDIES!!!!!!! :) xx