Healthier snacks?

Options
Hello, I am fairly new to this, and I am looking for some good healthier snacks that actually taste good. Right now I seem to be staying under my daily calorie intake, but I want to find things that are healthier, instead of just smaller portions of crap. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Special K crackers are good. A serving size is 17 crackers and only 90 cals. For a sweet snack try Jello Temptations. They are amazing. Pickles are good, except for the sodium. Grapes. bananas. veggies. Hope some of this helps. Good luck!!
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Fresh cut veggies or fruits are always a good way to go. There are a lot of snacks out there that come in 100 calorie packs...some of them aren't so bad....including nut pkgs. I like the 100 calorie packs cause they help me keep under my calorie intake and they help with portion control. did you know that nabisco actually has 100 calorie packs of their caksters cookies?
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love the Fit & Active cookie crisps at Aldis and Quaker rice cakes..they arent that healthy like fruit, but theyre a shade better than crap,,low cal crap..lol
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Nuts are super good
  • luckysagi
    luckysagi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1.Try pan fried nuts with a drop of olive oil , salt and pepper but becarefull of the quantity (should come under your daily cals).

2. Tossed sprouts with dry chillies ,mustured seeds, curry leaves ,cumin seeds(you can make sprouts with mung beans,cheakpeas black eyed beans,hourse grams ) all will be high in protein.
  • Pandagail32
    Options
    nuts, fruit with cottage cheese, yogurt, toast with peanut butter, 100 calorie pack popcorn, banana's, edamame, trail mix (without the M&M's) - just some ideas ;-)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen berries like candy!
    String cheese
    sunflower seeds (in moderation b/c of fat content)
    almonds
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt with your own fresh fruit added sweetened with Stevia
    hard boiled eggs
    "Veggie Straws" (found at Sams Club...a great alternative to chips!!)
    cantaloupe
    lite popcorn (no butter)
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Celery + Peanut butter + raisins = YUMM!!

I also love the cheese and grapes combo.
  • Jdrdaisy
    Jdrdaisy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Veggie Straws if you love chips! You get 39 for 130 calories. They take care of the need for something salty and crunchy!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i love Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips. they are a full serving of vegetables in one serving and its low in sodium! they also make Terra Sweet Potato Chips which are no salt added :)
  • tinaharrison1
    Options
    My fav things are;

Apple and 12 almonds (0.5oz)

Fruit and cottage cheese

Fruit and cheese string / babybel

Special K / fibre One bars

Edamame (they are soy beans in the pods that come frozen in a bag that you microwave and they steam themselves)
    The packs are about 150 calories each and they are loaded wtih protein.

I always try to snack in something with protein because it (so I've read) keeps you feeling fuller longer
  • staybek
    staybek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!! I have a list made our for some snacks!! Happy dieting all!!