yo-yo-fell off- coming back

Options
I've Missed you guys! :flowerforyou:
I've been so good for a while (being on MFP really helped). I lost 12 lbs in 3 months. Changed my clothing size from 10 to 6. I've learned to go on trademill every single day!!! I've learned what I can eat and what I shouldn't. I used HRM daily.
Then I left for vacation for a week and never came back on MFP for a month.:grumble: I've "lost" my HRM and all the encuragment from it.
During this time I still had my daily 60 min walks , still watched what I ate but I didn't log in anything on MFP. As a result I was not in control of my caloric intake and gained 2-3 lbs. I allowed myself more cheats than before (instead of 1 piece of dark chocolate a day, I had 2-3 of them).
I don't want to bore you but I am trying to get back. You probably don't realize how much being on MFP helps and motivates and gives you control that we all are lacking... or most of us...
Good luck to all of you :love:
P.S. Does anyone using jumping rope as a form of exersize? How long can you do it for? How much calories is it burning?

Replies

• natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've Missed you guys! :flowerforyou:
    I've been so good for a while (being on MFP really helped). I lost 12 lbs in 3 months. Changed my clothing size from 10 to 6. I've learned to go on trademill every single day!!! I've learned what I can eat and what I shouldn't. I used HRM daily.
    Then I left for vacation for a week and never came back on MFP for a month.:grumble: I've "lost" my HRM and all the encuragment from it.
    During this time I still had my daily 60 min walks , still watched what I ate but I didn't log in anything on MFP. As a result I was not in control of my caloric intake and gained 2-3 lbs. I allowed myself more cheats than before (instead of 1 piece of dark chocolate a day, I had 2-3 of them).
    I don't want to bore you but I am trying to get back. You probably don't realize how much being on MFP helps and motivates and gives you control that we all are lacking... or most of us...
    Good luck to all of you :love:
    P.S. Does anyone using jumping rope as a form of exersize? How long can you do it for? How much calories is it burning?
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! I left for a week... and stayed off the wagon for almost 2 weeks!! I just got back on yesterday! haha Welcome back!! I hope all goes well for you!:flowerforyou:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • gymmom
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Doesn't matter if you were off the wagon...the beautiful thing is, the fitter your body is, the quicker you "bounce" back! Your muscles have a wonderful memory, so just get back to it. I jumprope, but not often enough. Sometimes I use it at home to circuit train w/ weights. I just have dumbbells...5, 8, 10, 15, 20 lbs. I do a set of exercises (10-15 reps), then jump rope for 3 minutes, then go right to another set of exercises (i.e. bicep curls or squats). Repeat the "circuit" 3 x's, then rest for a minute or 2. Adjust the weight and # of reps and circuits as you get fitter. It's great interval training and will torch the calories. I'm not sure what the burn # is...you'd have to calculate it separately as cardio and strength on this website...I use the Self magazine exercise calculator as there's lots more listings on it.