Is this right??

Options
I just did a 2 hr. 22 min. hike today and MFP says I burned over 3000 calories doing it, my remaining calories are over 4700, am I doing something wrong????? Should I eat more today (It's 7:48pm right now)??? I didn't eat much today during the day but for some reason I wasn't that hungrey. Take a look at my food diarey and tell what you think. Thank you.

Replies

• ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'd say you need to eat A HELL OF A LOT MORE!!! lol. You're eating like a rabbit, well, minus the tuna. I think you need to be eating more carbs - triscuits and tuna with veggies really doesnt amount to a lot over the course of a day. My personal experience with days like this is that I binge the next few days after because my body is trying to catch up. I feel like you need a giant bowl of pasta right about now :P
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good job on your hike! Maybe end the day with a balanced protein/carb meal. I just learned recently eating too many carbs too late isn't very good for you.
  • Behati
    Behati Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't eat just because a website tells you to. If your not hungry don't eat anything!! But good job on the hike.. sounds fun!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think MFP grossly over estimates calories burned, I would say get a HRM but I just got one and it over estimates even more :grumble: Course the Polar's are supposed to be more accurate.