Need a 6 week plan!

jo_marnes
jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all,

This is NOT a '6 weeks to lose ?? lbs' post!

In 6 weeks, I'm going back to the UK for a visit. I haven't been there for 2 years and I'm a lot slimmer and fitter than when I was last there. HOWEVER - I'm prob too thin! I want to go back and have people say how fit and healthy I look, not how thin I look.

Yes, I know , many people on here will stop reading this now as they are thinking 'oh if only I had that problem, blah blah blah' and that's fine. But if you do have any tips for me, please keep reading! :-)

I'm 5ft5" and I'm about 115lbs. I have low body fat, been diagnosed recently as coeliac, have iron deficiencies and have been fairly unwell recently. So as a result, I look tired, drained and unhealthy.

I work out a lot, I'm trying to eat more (1600 cals a day I aim for) and would love to see abs! But I'm also scared that I'll start gaining weight that I can't keep in check... it's a bit of a vicious cycle!

I am going to treat myself to having my hair done etc before I go back (can't often afford to have it done) and I just want to be looking fab and feeling well. I've just started taking multivitamins with iron and B12.

Does anyone have any tips/ experience/ ideas that could help me look radiant in 6 weeks??

Replies

• If you are trying to gain weight....milkshakes are the way to go. You'll get a lot of calcium and plus they taste great!

Hope all goes well back home!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Have you been to the MD lately and had blood work drawn? Be very careful with the celiac disease. Ask for a dietitian referral - or - ask the insurance company to send you nutritional information. If you don't have insurance, find a support network for people also diagnosed with this disease...Maybe, even slow down on the exercise until you get the nutrition managed
  • mumsey44
    mumsey44 Posts: 2
    I have found that relaxing with a good 1 hour massage once a week is very revitalizing. I also see a chiropractor regularly. These 2 combined have helped me immensely find that inner peace and balance everyone needs to achieve that healthy glow. You might be thin but....what is your bone structure...large, medium or small....you must consider that in deciding if you are too thin. I wish you well and hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. And don't stress over this weight issue....concentrate on getting that inner peace and glow back. You might want to try a bit of Yoga. :) D
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Thanks for the comments.

I've recently had bloodwork done and have endoscopy in April for coeliac. The week before I fly to UK! Awesome timing eh?

Not a big fan of milkshakes but have been having homemade decaf cappuccinos lol - trying to up my calcium. It's difficult trying to 'un learn' the low carb/ low calorie way of thinking... I still find myself choosing these options. I'm trying to graze more I guess, can't eat too much in one go.

A massage a week sounds AWESOME. That is just what I need! Unfortunately, my bank balance does not agree!! And any time I've asked hubby to do it I end up worse (I'm sure he does that on purpose) lol ;-)
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Hiya lovely jo!

Affter I finished the shred I also knew I didnt need to/shouldnt loose anymore weight. I want to see super hero tummy! I am doing the '6 week 6 pack' dvd now. Aiming for 5 days a week and cut my cardio in half. Problem as a dance teacher - I do cardio everyday.

But the dvd is 6 weeks - convenient :P I recommend that one. I also have 1600 to eat a day and often eat more thanx to burnt exercise cals. Maintained 98 lbs for nearly 4 weeks now so it isnt doing me any harm. Feel free to pinch ideas from my food diary and check my blog for stuff too.
    Hope that is useful! hugs xxx
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Hey all,

This is NOT a '6 weeks to lose ?? lbs' post!

In 6 weeks, I'm going back to the UK for a visit. I haven't been there for 2 years and I'm a lot slimmer and fitter than when I was last there. HOWEVER - I'm prob too thin! I want to go back and have people say how fit and healthy I look, not how thin I look.

Yes, I know , many people on here will stop reading this now as they are thinking 'oh if only I had that problem, blah blah blah' and that's fine. But if you do have any tips for me, please keep reading! :-)

I'm 5ft5" and I'm about 115lbs. I have low body fat, been diagnosed recently as coeliac, have iron deficiencies and have been fairly unwell recently. So as a result, I look tired, drained and unhealthy.

I work out a lot, I'm trying to eat more (1600 cals a day I aim for) and would love to see abs! But I'm also scared that I'll start gaining weight that I can't keep in check... it's a bit of a vicious cycle!

I am going to treat myself to having my hair done etc before I go back (can't often afford to have it done) and I just want to be looking fab and feeling well. I've just started taking multivitamins with iron and B12.

Does anyone have any tips/ experience/ ideas that could help me look radiant in 6 weeks??

My boyfriend is a body builder and from what i've seen, if you want to gain lean weight, you need to change not only your workout but diet also. I recommend eating 2000-2500 calories a day. try to do 4 meals all around 500-600 cals with very high amount of lean protein. Supplements help if you have a hard time consuming large amounts of protein. I would say to keep cardio as part of your exercise regimen for wellness , but lower it to maybe 15 minutes a day. Focus on doing strength training. we started training again together and he is gaining about 2 pounds a week and actually lowering his fat percentage.
    workout individual muscle groups you want to see grow.
    He does back, biceps and legs one day and shoulders chest and triceps the next. he does 3 different workouts for each body part, each 3 set of 12 reps. Start your with your heaviest set (most that you can do without hurting yourself) and go lower on the second and even lower on the third set
    You have to eat one of your meals after your workout so that your muscles have enough protein to regenerate (specially while you sleep)

this is a safe effective way for lean muscle growth without increasing your body fat percentage.
    do this for 6 weeks and you should see maybe a 10 pound difference. you will be stronger and healthier for your height.
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.