Any good book ideas?

Options
Hey everyone! I am a very big reader, I read up to 3 books a week. I am open to read just about anything; romance, murder/mystery, Inspirational, etc. I havent been finding any good books lately. Anyone have any good books to reccomend? Thanks!!

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    What Would Jesus Eat Haven"t read it yet but heard it is really good!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a guilty secret, and her name is Karen Hawkins. She writes period romance novels set in the 1800's of Scotland/England. I love her writing style, I always end up loving every character in the books, even the villians! They aren't too Sex-eh though, not a ton of gratuitous intercourse which makes them bearable.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series

Also read Libba Bray's 3book series - think the first one is A Great and Terrible Beauty - and absolutely LOVED the series, despite it being a YA author.

Hope you enjoy those, they're favorite reads of mine!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The Zombie Survival Guide and/or World War Z by Max Brooks (Mel Brook's son, very funny, but serious at the same time).

Anything by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Nora Roberts "in the garden " trilogy.
    Evernight series.
    Need, Captivate, Entice.
    Beastly.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My favorite author is Neil Gaiman. He's amazing. Everything he writes is brilliant.
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Jonathan Safran Foer's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"
    I've read it like 3 times. He also wrote "Everything is Illuminated" which was made into a really good movie (pretty different from the book, though)
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you've only seen the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife," then you must, must, must read the book! Very confusing in the beginning (although if you've seen the movie, you'll know the premise already... hubby and I read it when it first came out and it took a good couple of chapters to get it). It's by Audrey Niffenegger. The Passage by Justin Cronin. Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme/Amelia Sachs series. And Janet Evanovich's Stephine Plum series is good for a relaxing, funny read. And an absolute must read for everyone here at MFP, is She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, who was hugely acclaimed for creating such an accurately real female protagonist on his fledgling novel.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    In the YA section, The Hunger Games - love them. A futuristic series. Everyone I have loaned them to loves them also.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i LOVED the hunger games series, read them in a long weekend & couldn't put any of those books down. i have a nook & read ALL the time :o) i am currently reading (& loving) water for elephants & just finished the other bolyen girl.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Love the hunger games series. The books "Pretty little mistakes" and "Million Little Mistakes" are fun - choose your own adventure books for adults. Candy Girl by Diablo Cody - naughty but fun. Secret Diary of a Call Girl by Belle Du Jour, Jennifer Government by Max Barry
  • jalm36
    jalm36 Posts: 12
    Options
    The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and series, by Stieg Larsson. a little hard to get into, but really hard to put down at the end
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    In the YA section, The Hunger Games - love them. A futuristic series. Everyone I have loaned them to loves them also.

Yes, I read these and LOVED them!!! Thanks!!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    i LOVED the hunger games series, read them in a long weekend & couldn't put any of those books down. i have a nook & read ALL the time :o) i am currently reading (& loving) water for elephants & just finished the other bolyen girl.

LOVED water for elephants!! Did u see the movie?
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    And The Help - great read.
  • sugarbunnie
    Options
    A Dog's Purpose. you'll cry your eyes out, then find the closest dog and hug it. a lot.
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Diana Gabaldon - Outlander Series.. my favorite all time books as well..First book is called Outlander, then Dragonfly in Amber.. you will be hooked they are an excellent read and superbly written!