30 Day Shred- Jillian Michaels

Options
I'm thinking of starting the 30 day shred. Has anyone done it and really liked it or disliked it? I've heard it's kinda tough. I'm not really overweight though, just want to use it to tone up. Thanks for any input!
-Anna

Replies

• sarahtroupe
    sarahtroupe Posts: 164
    Options
    Hello!!! Yes I have done it and I love it levels 1-3 its good stuff!!!
  • lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    Doing it now and loving it!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The first few days are tough, but as Jillian says during the level 1 session, "it is only a 20 minute workout people". By about day 5 you actually do feel better, more able to keep up.
    I work a lot of hours so love that I can squeeze in a quick workout this way some days. Im a big fan of this DVD.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    doing it now i am on day 7.....i like it alot!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did it for 30 days. I did 10 days at each level and I have to say, it never got easier, really, I did get stronger though. I wish I would have taken pictures, I did not really notice much toning. I am not overwight, either, but I did try to eat at a deficit while doing it, so I could lose a few pounds.
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    love and its great if you don't have much time. i alternate between all of the dvds so it gives me a variety along with running on the treadmill on opposite days
  • pisceanangel
    Options
    Just finished and I love it! 15 pounds and 2 inches off me! :)
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now and I love. I agree with the others the first two days are really hard but by day 5 you feel good. It doesn't get easier but it's only for 20 minutes. I took measurements and pictures so I'm curious to see how it turns out. I wish you luck.:flowerforyou:
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think you should try it for yourself, but for me, I did not like it. I gained weight in the beginning and it wasn't that hard. I did all 3 levels, but I stopped after a few days. I went back to my normal exercise routine. I am finding that my opinion is in the minority on this site, but all the same, I didn't like it.
  • henelyj
    henelyj Posts: 2
    Options
    I enjoy rotating between 30 day, No more trouble zones & Banish Fat Metabolism. They all do have some similar moves but there is variety as well which is nice. 30 day is excellent on my school days and I don't have as much time to give to a full work out. Wish you all the best :)
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I'm 1/3 of the way there and I like it! She however, is a bit annoying :laugh: I can't stand her voice after hearing it day after day...I can talk to her or for her...lol...I have it memorized very well:smile: I am starting to notice changes in my strength and can hardly wait to see the end results. I say go for it! I also rotate my levels to rid of boredom or I sometimes do 2 levels in 1 day.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I loved it, yes great toning!!
    http://shreddingandlosing.blogspot.com
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just finished it about a week ago or so. I did it 6 days a week for 35 days instead of 30 because i felt like i needed more time on level 2. For some reason level 2 seemed the hardest to me! I took pics, measured, and weighed. I lost a couple inches, and 12 lbs. I am 23yrs old 5'5" and weighed 149 when i finished. I liked it, Jillian didn't seem annoying to me. So overall I would definately reccomend it. I also added in Jillians 6 week 6 pack a few times after a shred if I felt up to it.
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/3 of the way there and I like it! She however, is a bit annoying :laugh: I can't stand her voice after hearing it day after day...I can talk to her or for her...lol...I have it memorized very well:smile: I am starting to notice changes in my strength and can hardly wait to see the end results. I say go for it! I also rotate my levels to rid of boredom or I sometimes do 2 levels in 1 day.

There is an option to do the DVD without her talking. Don't remember off the top of my head where, but just look around on the menu.
  • ajohnaa
    ajohnaa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys!! I really appreciate it! I think I will try it and probably take pics just so I can see my progress. Thanks again for taking time out of your busy days to respond to my question :)

-Anna