hi! i'm new to the forums and trying yet again to lose weigh

Options
Hi! I'm Frances. I'm 24, 5'10" and 270. I feel like I've tried and failed to lose weight or even just improve my eating habits a million times, and always with the same results. I lose my motivation, get depressed, stressed, tired, etc, and go back to my regular eating habits. I'm a compulsive overeater. I have been for most of e. It's generally my go-to coping mechanism. My bmi is 38. I'd like to lose 60lbs to get myself out of the obese range, then another 35 to get me to the normal range. I also want to get my eating in check. In a way I can keep it in check. While food is wonderful, my relationship with it is not. I'd love support on my journey. I've got a long road ahead of me

Replies

• Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi! I am new too. You sound like you have some great goals and fantastic reasoning for what you want to do. Best of luck to you....you have a friend here if you would like one. :)

Kelly
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i have a larger amount to lose than you but we have similar goals....please feel free send send a request if you like .....will be here quite a while on my journey!:bigsmile:
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We have similar goals we well. I stand 6' and my SW was 300. My first goal is to drop 100lbs this year. Then another 30, like you, to get myself a healthy BMI. Feel free to add me for extra support :)
  • KaelaFrost
    KaelaFrost Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hey hun!
    I am also working slowly to get out of the obese range.
    *crosses fingers* my first weigh in is in 30 minutes!!
    Anyways you can add me if you'd like for friends and support!
  • eddy87
    eddy87 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I have just started this year as well with a BMI of 37
    the first 3 months was going to the gym and eating the same foods and i did not loose much weight or any but i defiantly felt better.

Just over a week ago i joined this site at the same time i started a 8 week challenge at my GYM which is defiantly hard but is already paying off with the help of eating plans, training partners and in general someone to talk to face to face about my weight issues.
    I highly recommend people that want to loose weight to get a Personal Trainer weekly that wont just push you but will be there when ever you need it. If you dont like the person or how they are training you let them know and if its not working find another PT.
    Let them know your weaknesses and lifestyle and if they are that good you should see some results after a month.

Good luck :happy: