whats up with that?!

Options
I'm starting to get a little frustrated. This past week my scale says that I've not lost any weight, but just looking at my self in the mirror I can see a difference in the way my clothes fit and where my "extras" are getting smoother..why don't I notice a change in the scale? I've been trying to stay within my calorie limit of 1230/day and with the exception of a day or two I've been good. I also try to work out more than my recommended calories/time per week. Does anyone else have the same problem? What should I be doing to notice the scale go down..maybe it's just a bad week..argh.:grumble:

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    So you eat only 1230 and you exercise on top of that? Wow...I'd starve, lol.

It might be water weight. The scale measures muscle, fat, bones, water, etc. all at the same time. So it's possible that you are losing fat making you smaller and smoother while retaining water or adding a little lean muscle making the scale not budge.

As long as you are getting results, I wouldn't worry about it. How you look and feel is more important than the scale.
  • Dante79
    Dante79 Posts: 7
    Options
    Must likely you are replacing body fat with lean muscle. Don't be discouraged about the numbers on the scale as long as your seeing a difference in the mirror. The best way to know your doing the right thing is how your clothes are fitting. Trsut me your body won't lie to you.
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    I agree don't worry. I've noticed myself actually that i've put a few pounds on however i've dropped another clothes size. But I can understand what you mean you want to see the numbers to prove your success, i'm exactly the same. But the time will come when it will drop off again so don't worry :)
  • Stephisonaroll
    Options
    Thanks guys, I guess that would make sense! I just wish I could add on that I've lost more weight. I'll keep at it and hopefully see some more results. I'd like to add that I feel great now that I'm paying attention to the calories I eat and working out regularly. Best of luck to you all..we can do this!! For now I will just ignore the scales :tongue:
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've also heard the trainers on The Biggest Loser always say that the body is finicky that way. If you lose big one week then you can lose a little to none the next week and then big the following week. Weight loss is up and down no matter how much effort you put in! As long as you're doing what you're doing then keep it up! Now, if you stop losing weight for a few weeks in a row then you may have platued and then you will need to do something much different to jump start your weight loss again! Try a different workout or maybe even get really strict on your diet. I've heard a few people say they have a "spike day" once a weak (that's eating more calories in healthy foods) in order to trick your body from going into a starvation mode or getting comfortable! :D
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    Ditch the scale and stick with a tape measurer. I only get weight every 4-6weeks but my measurements are always encouraging. If you eating well and excercising, then it's all good.