Physically impossible!

Options
SO I weighed myself last night 6pm and was dishartened as another week and no weight loss. So I wondered what difference would it make if I weighed myself in the morning. This morning my weight was 87.5kg! this is 5.5kg=13 pound difference!!!!

Same scales, same clothes.

I know that your weight can fluctuate 2.5 pounds in a day, but 13 pounds???

So if I am honest I don't know which is correct. My previous weighings have been at different times of a day, sometimes midday, sometimes evening. I think I will stick to the morning ones now :D

I have one strange body!

Nevertheless....I am smiling this morning!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER heard of that much difference. Maybe you need a new scale.

But it IS best to weigh yourself in the morning after you wake up, go to the bathroom, and either wearing the same thing every time or nothing at all each time. Because of the fluxuation, you should make sure to never vary the time of day you weigh yourself.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other comment..... weigh yourself each time under the same conditions... time of day, same clothes, after going to the toilet, whatever..... otherwise those evil scales will drive you absolutely cRaZy!
  • slytat2
    slytat2 Posts: 8
    Options
    I just make sure i do it at the same time so im only comparing weight to the exact same time frame
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Oh one more tip....... change the batteries in your scale (if you have a digital one).... there is absolutely no scientific evidence to this at all, but my scale was acting up at one point. Once I changed the battery it sorted itself out a bit.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your scale is digital or not. Sometimes when I first step on and the weight is displayed, if I step off and then back on it is different by a little amount. The second weight then usually stays the same no matter how many times I step on then off. I don't know if it has to calibrate itself or what. Also, I just recently had to buy a new scale because I checked my weight and it seemed right. A few minutes later I checked my 8 month old's weight just out of curiosity and it said she was 13 lbs. which I knew didn't seem right. When I checked mine again it was about 10 lbs. less than a few minutes ago. I figured that meant it was time for a new scale.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Maybe you had drank a lot of water or just finished eating or something along those lines before you weighed yourself. But you should always weigh yourself in the morning after you've used the bathroom and all that business! During the night your body puts to use all of the fuel and water you've put into it. A piece of advice though, make sure you sleep at least 7 hours, or if you sleep less then wait the extra hours to equal 7 hours. I heard from Jillian Michaels that 7 hours is best for the amount to sleep!
  • Amaris1973
    Amaris1973 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I easily drink about 2-4 litres of liquids, coffee, water, white tea each day, so I know I have lot of liquid weight going on in the evening.
    I havent got real scales, I use my wii fit board for weighing and it has been pretty good so far. Maybe I will check the batterie son it, I assume it works like a digital scale.
    I also always sleep minimum of 7 hours, often 8-9 hours per night. Maybe I am having really really active dreams!!! :DD
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Do you use the Wii Fit board on carpet? I have heard that readings can sometimes be thrown off on carpeted areas compared to hardwoods.
  • Amaris1973
    Options
    Yeah it is carpet as my living room has full carpet throughout. But if it is always on tjhe carpet then surely should not effect it?
    I am gonna try again, do both tonight and tomorrow morning and just see what readings I get. The truth is that I have lost 2 inch from my waist and bum in the last week, so really I should have lost weight. I have been training quite hard too and first I though must be just fat going and muscle growing. But will see what I get on the next readings.
  • Amaris1973
    Options
    I have to laugh, tonight my weight is 94kg, 15 pounds more than this morning, even bigger difference this time. I am very intrigued to see what tomorrow morning will say? And then probably go and by some real scales!!!
  • rhamit
    rhamit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your scale is digital or not. Sometimes when I first step on and the weight is displayed, if I step off and then back on it is different by a little amount. The second weight then usually stays the same no matter how many times I step on then off. I don't know if it has to calibrate itself or what. Also, I just recently had to buy a new scale because I checked my weight and it seemed right. A few minutes later I checked my 8 month old's weight just out of curiosity and it said she was 13 lbs. which I knew didn't seem right. When I checked mine again it was about 10 lbs. less than a few minutes ago. I figured that meant it was time for a new scale.

I agree! Our scale is the same way, never trust the first weight it gives you. Take a second and third weight.
    Also, I might add... if you move your scale around alot, the first time you step on it (after moving it) could be re-calibration weight?!