Do You Use Your food Notes?

Options
SueGeer
SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
Hi! Just curious to know if anyone uses their food notes on a regular basis....and what for?

I log all my anticipated food intake at the beginnning of each day. I use my food notes to record any changes I make to this during the day - ie if I haven't eaten something I orignally logged, ate something extra or substituted something. Helps keep me a bit more accountable to myself. And it's visible to all who choose to view my diary......so I'm accountable to you lot too! :laugh:

Sue :smile: x

Replies

• Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I do -just started myfitnesspal and really like it. I note how much I slept and thoughts about what worked or how could have prevented running off track.

MH
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i use them for a couple different things

like if my day is way different than normal, i might make a note to myself so i don't forget why..

also i use it to track my nutrition percentages so that i can make a mental graph of my day.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I use it when I can't find exactly the item I ate, and use a substitute. ie, list a vegan creme egg as Cadburys, or a chestnut paste cake as a red bean paste cake. Or when I use quick-add calories for something I can't find at all.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I use it to record MFP's predictions and to explain certain things to people who view my diary, like "That mess of food at dinner was actually an omelette, and yes, it does contain everything in my fridge!" Sometimes, I add a note if something didn't taste good, to remind myself not to eat it again.
  • viansa
    viansa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use them intermittently. If it was a day I ate horribly, I'll note what happened and my mood. Helps when I look back and see that to try to avoid it in the future. I'll also use it to note any tracking changes I've made. I've started drinking my water in a 24 oz glass...so when I log 1 water, it's actually 24 oz. so I note that. And I leave reminders for myself sometimes...such as Drink More Water! since I'm in there all day logging my food it's easy to see.
  • Jacy707
    Jacy707 Posts: 18
    Options
    I use mine to log what things give me heartburn cuz I have gerd.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Only tend to use it when I log a quick add calories, to explain what it is and the amount of calories......so people know I'm accountable!!