What is your favorite snack?

Options
I have two hundred calories to spare for the day. I'll probably just have a protein shake with some peanut butter. What are some of your favorite yummy snacks/treats that you have discovered on your weight loss journey?

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Cool whip with a peeled diced apple and some crushed almonds. YUM!!!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    hummus! i love it with carrots and cucumbers and triscuits!
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    :smile: my alltime favorite has always been apples and peanut butter no matter weather i'm watching the calorie or not! and then second trail mix, but with the latter I have to watch myself because it taste so good I don't stop eating it!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I love Quaker mini rice cakes, 100 calorie bags of popcorn, skinny cow ice cream, boiled eggs, cheddar cubes, etc.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    A sliced apple or banana with melted peanut butter and a touch of cinnamon.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether I'm needing more protein that day (then I'll have another prot. shake, or a prot. bar if I feel like I want to "eat" something), or if I just really need something sweet - ie) chocolate.

I LOVE Nature Valley's Granola Thins with Dark Chocolate....yum! If I've got lots of cal. to spare (which rarely happens), I'll spread some peanut butter on an apple (and have chocolate!).
  • Nailrep
    Options

What exactly is hummas? i've seen it, but never tried it.
  • ITTYbitty04
    Options
    I second that! I usually do Taboule salad with my hummus also!
  • ITTYbitty04
    Options

Hummus is ground up chick peas with herbs and olive oil usually mixed in it, it comes in all kind of flavors, my favorite is rosted garlic tomatoes!
  • fontaine3b
    Options
    apple and peanutbutter is always great!!!

Some others I have found I like are: 90 calorie choc. chunk granola bars, Jello pudding cups (100 non-fat), ginger snaps and my all time favorite - Bite Size frosted mini wheats - great for crunch and sweetness!!!

Good Luck to a healthy new you!!

:happy:
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    a cup full of unsweetend sliced strawberries. if my calories are low i like to mix in a couple of ounces of fat free strawberry yogurt,
  • Nailrep
    Options

Hummus is ground up chick peas with herbs and olive oil usually mixed in it, it comes in all kind of flavors, my favorite is rosted garlic tomatoes!

OH YUMMY!! What's the caloric value of it? I will stop hijacking the tread after this question!
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    Salty - hands down cheddar rice cakes, love them

Sweet - an apple with pb, a pb, choc protein powder & banana shake or yogurt with frozen berries & a cereal like fiber one mixed in.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I second what everyone is saying! LOVE hummus. One of my other creative things is freeze a banana, then when you want ice cream, blend the banana with just a touch of milk and peanut butter and you will think yo uare having ice cream!!! Delish!
  • Mommy07inlove
    Options
    My new favorite that i would have never imagined before counting clories is the kidz size flat out flat bread with peanut butter and strawberry,and then sprinkle some granola,(or special k crunched up) into it and roll lol...yum yum i like it for breakfast as well as a snack!!
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    a few cubes of sharp cheddar cheese with grapes or an apple.
    I also love the small no-sugar added cups of Cozy shack chocolate puddings (only 60 cal) or rice pudding (70 cal).
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I really love cottage cheese with drizzles of honey. I use Breakstone's lower sodium, 2% milk fat cottage cheese; however, it's still not a "low sodium" food, so keep an eye on it. Still, it tastes great and satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • ITTYbitty04
    Options

today I have Greek Olive Jummus by Sabra and it has 70 cal, 6g fat,130g sadium,4g carbs, 2g protein. BUT the serving size is only 2 TBS, so calories can add up if your not careful! but its good with triscuits and Taboule

OH YUMMY!! What's the caloric value of it? I will stop hijacking the tread after this question!
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I must admit I really struggle with this on days that I make 'good' food choices, and find out that I'm only eating 1000 calories in the day.... I always struggle to find those extra calories! Thanks for some good suggestions!
  • EJWoolcock
    Options
    I'm fascinated with the number of people who eat apple and peanut butter! I might have to give that a go!