Losing weight in thighs/legs

Options
I have been losing weight but I don't notice any weight loss in my thighs/hips/legs, which is the area I want to lose the most from! I have been doing Zumba, which is a cardio dance workout, and step aerobics class once a week. Is there something else I can do to see more weight loss in my thigh/hip/legs areas? I have a membership at a gym that has useful machines. Any help would be great!

Replies

• Kcneufville
    Kcneufville Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, and the ellptical are all great for toning and trimming the lower body.
  • Melissa0711
    Melissa0711 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have always been taught that when women are trying to lose weight we lose like a bath tub drains from top to bottom, that's why so many of us get frustrated and give up because we aren't seeing the results we want where we want to see them. So be patient and keep giving it your all and eventually you will lose it!!!
  • jacolyncoker123
    Options
    It depends on what you want your legs to look like... Do you want toned, muscular, athletic legs? Or slender, feminine, thin legs?

If you want the first one, do squats, lunges, and get your butt on the elliptical.

If you want the second, stick to cardio like power walking, light jogging, and dancing. Still do the leg workouts, just not as frequently.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Squats and lunges! I don't use machines.. they hurt my knees. I just do lots of squats and lunges and I'm also a runner. But honestly the running isn't what gave me the results, it was the dozens and dozens of squats and lunges I do every week. Amazing results. I've never had such muscular legs in my life.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    1- No such thing as spot reduction. You cannot target fat loss in a certain area with cardio only.
    2- What you're looking for is a 'slimming' effect in addition to your regular weight loss. For this, you need strengthening and toning exercises. Lunges, squats, etc.
    And no, building/toning muscles will not make you 'big' unless you're taking steroids. Muscle takes up less room than fat and burns more calories.
    Also consider pilates.
  • TeaFTB
    TeaFTB Posts: 2
    Options
    Thighs were always my problematic area. What helped me is doing kickboxing, which combines cardio and resistance training. Squats, lunges and any variation of these exercises are great.The key to success to lose fat from your thighs is to perform high intensity exercises and right diet. You need to limit you fat and carb intake to as lows possible and increase your protein intake. You can't lose fat if you are consuming fat, even if it's a 'good fat'. Also, if your body doesn't get enough protein you might lose weigh but you will not lose actual fat, but muscles - and they are the biggest consumer of calories...so you must keep them big and feed them for better fat loss. At the end you don't want to have skinny legs full of cellulite, right?:happy:

Source:www.firmthighsandbutt.com