My Calories!

Options
I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories a day, but I wind up eating around 1000 calories a day. I'm not doing it on purpose or anything, but I only eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm full. I'm not starving myself or trying to eat less calories. This is just how it works out. But at the end of the day when I submit my final "complete this entry" it always tells me that it's bad to consume less calories and that I could be hurting myself. I get discouraged by this because I'm not trying to do it. I just won't eat just to eat. Is this bad? I'm usually only short by about 100 calories or so. Is anyone else having this same issue?

Replies

• chiarajulieann
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

try checking that out so you won't feel discouraged. =D
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If you are really stressed about it and want to try upping your intake I'd recommend buying some walnuts or other nuts. A small handful (7-8 walnuts) is around 100 calories, full of good oils (think shiny hair and nails, and nice skin) and they won't make you feel like you've eaten too much.

Hope that helps a little... :flowerforyou:
  • simplywriting
    Options
    Yes, it happens to me all the time. I'm never hungry - I'm always full. I eat consistently throughout the day (6 small meals). I'm also choosing healthier foods with more fiber and protein which tend to keep me full. Not to mention, anyone who tells you they ACTUALLY drink 8 cups of water a day, should not be hungry enough to even have half of what people have listed on their diaries.
    I live a fairly sedentary lifestyle - I work from home, writing. While I try to get up and take frequent breaks, I'm not as active as I could be. This also keeps me from getting hungry, because I'm pretty sure my body probably isn't burning calories or food off as quickly as someone more active.
    I had people make comments about mine, and it made me really discouraged, because I couldn't see a way to get much more food into my diet. I'm like you - I'm not gonna eat when I'm not hungry. Plain and simple. Eating just to eat is what got me in this predicament to begin with. So I started changing my diet again, and was not consuming quite the same types of foods just to up my calories so I wouldn't hear anyone say anything. It's frustrating, that's for sure.
    anyway, I feel your pain.
    Now off to go read the article posted above. :)
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    I do the same thing! So ironic that you posted this. I figured that whatever I eat, minus what I exercise is just going to have to be enough. My net calories are usually around 700, I know it's says it's not enough but I already eat high calorie snacks like cheese and nuts and protein shakes after working out. It's just going to have to be enough. I have been constantly losing weight, not very quickly, but still losing. Just don't starve yourself and you'll be fine. If you don't feel hungry don't force yourself to eat.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    A half cup of pistachios in the shell is about 170 calories. Almonds are good for you as well, Maybe drink some milk or add some cheese to your meals.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight? Because if you are then don't worry about it. If your not, then eat a little more.