bump???

Options
What the heck does "bump" mean on these message boards???

Replies

• rhayesNH
    rhayesNH Posts: 12
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing!
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    If you are on the message boards and like a link or an article or recipe (or anything) on a message and want to save it for later, but don't have anything you want to say on the board, you type in "bump". It links the post to your "my topics" section so you can refer back.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    absolutly nothing...lol
    couple reason are because someone wants to follow the posting and it will put it in their list of topics, another is to make it go back into recent topics. any response would have the same effect.
  • simplywriting
    Options
    Usually people use it to "bump" the post back up, but I read recently on here it was a way for them to follow the conversation or come back later. Apparently, once you comment on a thread, that automatically subscribes you to the thread, making it easier to find later if you come back.
    So it's just a way to bump the post up to the top again so others see it, OR its a way for that individual to save the post for later. :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think it means that those people share the same question and would also like to know the answer. This saves the link to their page so that they can more easily go back and look at it later to see what people have answered for it,
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ha. I wondered that too. Since we don't currently have a way to save info in a thread (recipes, for instance), just commenting on the thread will save the thread to My Topics for you. Some simply write bump. At least I think this is why.
  • Jamcgarvey
    Options
    I really thought it was a fist bump to the poster to say good job. Great question and nice to know:)
  • Pandagail32
    Options
    in most message boards "bump" just pushes the message to the top of the "recent viewed" list. That person doesn't have a comment, but thought it was a subject worth bumping to the top of the list for others to see and comment on.