Had to grab a nurse..

Options
It's nothing big but..... I weighed in this morning here at work. I had to grab a nurse to make sure I was seeing it correctly. She said YEP, you lost 12 pounds! Wow it feels wonderful, but I still don't see it yet. I haven't got my first, "WOW you look thinner", yet. But still not discouraged.

Replies

• appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    Great job!
  • Jamcgarvey
    Options
    That is great!!! You are doing great, keep up the good work.
  • capricorn1960
    Options
    Well done ;)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought it was going to be bad...:laugh: but no, that's great!!! Congrats! And don't worry, the compliments will come, just stay with it! :flowerforyou:
  • ethel64
    ethel64 Posts: 91
    Options
    Thats FANTASTIC!!!!! keep up the great work.... :happy:
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks guys! SOOO SUPPORTIVE, each one of you!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Im down almost 13 pounds and I haven't gotten to many of those WOW you have lost weight comments...except from the hubby..which is fine..I am a nurse and I know i have less of a muffin top in my uniforms...so I'm waiting to hit that 20 lb loss mark to see if I get any WOW moments from others...Keep it up!!!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had the same thing happening. I lost 12lbs and no one really noticed, but don't worry, they will. My husband had lost over 20 before many people said anything to hiim. Sometimes people notice, they just don't say anything right away. Keep it up!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! That's great news!! Great Job!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Last time I grabbed a nurse she slapped me... hopefully it works out better next time!

Great job with the loss BTW....
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Excellent!:happy:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Last time I grabbed a nurse she slapped me... hopefully it works out better next time!

:laugh:
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LOLOL Gorilla NJ!!!

And 12 pounds, you go girl! That is FANTASTIC!!!!! :smooched:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!
  • treena99
    treena99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! Keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm down 39 lbs and haven't gotten the comments I expected (especially from a few people I hadn't seen in 3-4 months - you would think they'd have noticed!), but I think people are sometimes afraid to say something because then they are somewhat admitting out loud that you are/were fat. It's such a sensitive subject...and I've made the mistake before with a friend of thinking & commenting on her lost weight & she actually hadn't lost anything. Ouch!

Great job on your weight loss. That's why most of us are here & it's inspirational to hear of others' successes!
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options

HA! Good one!
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic!!! Good job!!:drinker:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Congrtulations! I remember when I hit my first 10... then... 15.... now I'm up to 30. It just keeps feeling better and better. And don't worry... you will get that WOW factor moment when you least expect it!
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! 12 pounds is defnitely something to brag about! & the reason you might not be hearing 'you look thinner' is because people see you everyday! Once you are away from them for a week or they see an old picture of you then you will hear it! Besides, you are not doing it for them, you are doing it for you!

Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!