Zumba - what to wear

Options
This is probably a really silly question....I am trying Zumba for the first time tomorrow and I'm not sure what is suitable to wear. Do I go for my normal gym type wear and trainers. Will I need to wear a sports bra?
I'm really looking forward to trying this class!

Replies

• Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I would say wear normal attire, a YES a sports bra! You jump, move, shimmy, shake your ta-ta's, lol..It's super fun but for sure do the sports bra! I normally wear sweats and a tank top to my class, or a hoodie, really whatever you will feel more comfortable in!
  • wmubuffettfan
    wmubuffettfan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, I normally wear work out pants and t-shirt. I also recommend shoes that aren't walking shoes. You need a little more support than walking shoes give. Found that one out the hard way. :) Have fun, its a blast!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah normal gym attire is fine and sports bra is a must lol
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awww..your gonna love it..especially if you love to move around alot! Yes, i usually wear 2 sports bras..which holds you well..sneakers and a lite t shirt with tights or spandex workout pants. You need to be as comfortable as possible along with the least amount of clothes possible. Oh and dont forget at no less than 2 bottles of water! Good Luck!
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't have a sports bra but I do wear the most supportive bra I have... and I choose shorts and t-shirt (I don't own a tank due to being so embarrassed of my arm "wings" for so many years)... it's a true workout and you don't want to be dressed too warm.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    lol- funny you post this. Yesterday in my class I was thinking how out of place I look. I am wearing a HUGE shirt- from almost 40 lbs ago, and these tennis shoes that look like pumps... you know the ones from 15 years ago. I look like I am wearing boats on my feet. I have realized that this could be where my tripping comes into play... because my shoes are just wayyy too bulky, and the other half is prob because i havent concured the steps.... yet. But nevertheless ZUMBA was fantastic- always is.
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'll shall wear a sports bra then, don't want to come out of class with black eyes!!!
    Thanks for the water and shoe tip - trainers it is!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    YES....a sports bra is a must!
    I just wear workout clothes that are comfy & easy to move in
    Remember to take a water bottle with you.....or two lol
    You'll have alot of fun!!! Zumba is a great workout & alot of fun.....Love it!!!
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    YES sport bra!!!!! and moveable clothing that is light your going to sweat alot!!!!!!!!! I wear shorts and a tank top and good shoes.
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    definitely a sports bra or two...I wear a tee shirt and yoga capris...comfy socks and decent shoes!! Oh yes and I don't know about anyone else, but the thick cotton headbands are wonderful for sweatbands...and possibly a towel and definitely water bottles!!!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    What everybody else said! lol: don't want to repeat, yet again! haha!! above all you'll have a blast, fantastic workout! enjoy
  • VegGamer
    VegGamer Posts: 1
    Options
    I went last week and wore yoga-type pants and a work out tank top (tight) , the pants worked great but I'll definitely wear a loose-fitting top this time around, because mine rode up a lot! I wore indoor soccer shoes which I will also not do again, my feet were killing me!
  • kdillson70
    Options
    Any workout clothes you feel comfortable in. Comfortable shoes (the older the better), less tread will help you move a little better. Definitely a sports bra, lots of jumping and shaking! Also, being a Zumba instructor, neon colors are a must! ;-) Have fun, you'll love it!