Ab lounge.... Has anyone had any success with them?

Options
I would like to start doing crunches daily to help with toning my stomach AS I lose. But I tend to have awful form and normally strain my neck and back instead. I am looking into getting an ab lounge and seeing it that will help with my stomach & sides... has anyone ever used one. Does it help??? Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had one years ago, and I loved it.... it didnt hurt my neck either..... I just recently picked another one up, made by golds gym (walmart, 20 bucks) I used it once.... and its been sitting there.... it killlsssss my neck! :( I also used to use the ab wheel, and that thing worked really good for me and helped me tone up.... I still have it and once I get down in wgt a little more ill start to use it again.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It helps with taking up space in my garage...
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump--interested in seeing replies.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i have one.... haven't used it in ages, but non the less, i have one.

it defiantly is a great tool for doing crunches without straining you back or neck.
  • jroulo
    jroulo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have one. It's the only piece of exercise equipment I ever bought other than my beloved tread mill. I don't really know what to say about it. I did use it. My strap actually broke on it at one point and my husband had to bolt it back down. I've been doing enough pilates for the past year that I don't seem to have any neck strain problems so it now sits down in the basement dust covered. I guess maybe it served it's purpose when I did have neck problems but now I wish I had the money to buy a HRM.
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had one a few years ago and loved it. My guy found me another and a perfect crunch helper.
    It seems like many pieces of equip people use them and then give up. For me I find perfect crunch better for ab area and an lounger better for strength training, I use mine backward and pull myself up. As my guy says... Anything you do consistently for the most part WILL WORK.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It helps with taking up space in my garage...

hahah
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got one at a garage sale and it sat for a long time. But since I have gotten motivated, I do my elliptical for 30 minutes and then for a cool down I get on my ab lounge and do 100 crunches. I love it. It is also very comfortable to just sit in and watch tv while cooling down. I am trying to buy an ab circle from someone but haven't gotten it yet. I am excited about it because I think I can do that while watching tv too. My problem is I am limited on space. Probably once I get the ab circle downstairs I am going to be out of room. :(
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    My in laws used to buy into every fitness fad, and then they would give the equipment to us because it was taking up space in their house. We have an ab lounger somewhere, in the basement or storage shed.

Like I said in another thread this morning, I love playing around with new fitness things. I tried it out once or twice, but didn't feel that it was helpful at all. I preferred doing crunches on a stability ball. Plus, using a stability ball gives you a lot more versatility.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have one....I dont use it cause i'm lazy and it kinda makes me dizzy....but the other person I live with uses it nearly everyday and he loves it.

It does work well...but I prefer good ol' fashioned crunches or the Ab Roller...I really like the Ab Roller.