Boxing dvd with no leg moves?

Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey folks

Due to torn ligaments in my knee and a few dislocations, I'm reluctant to go to body combat / kick boxing classes, however, I really do want to do a nice boxing workout. My gym doesn't have a punchbag, and I can't really accommodate one at home so I'm wondering if anybody knows of any good box / boxing dvds that I can do at home that don't really involve leg moves (bending is ok as long as I'm not on one leg, but kicking / anything that involves me standing on one leg for too long is probably risky!).

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• on one of the videos i do here at home it has boxing in one of the routines and the instructor says that boxing is a good cardio workout for people with lower body injuries. exspecially if you can bend your knees into a sitting position (without the chair) and do the fast punching movements. with you legs and core muscles engaged because of the squat and the rapid arm movements it is actually a good workout. the name of the video i use is SHAPE 20 MINUTE MAKEOVER . it also has modified moves for beginers. i like it because it doesnt have all that crazy jumping so its easy on the joints
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    I recently injured my calf and found a great upper body cardio workout online. It's intended for people who can't get out of bed, but I did it standing. Google "upper body cardio" and a link to a routine by Laurel House. It's intense and I modified it and used some weights, but I burned a ton. She also has a great butt routine!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Fantastic - thank you both :)
This discussion has been closed.