I'm new. Just Started The 17 DAY DIET. Anyone else?

Options
SooZQZ
SooZQZ Posts: 9 Member
Hey all. Thanks to my FB friend Marsha. I just started the 17 Day diet on Monday. March 7th)
Lost 2 lbs the very first day, another lb the next day. My goal
is to lose about 40-50 lbs to be my skinny size 5-7 again.
Anybody else on his diet? If not, what diet are you on and how are
You doing with it? Oh, I have to put my photo up, not sure which one to put up,
The old skinny ones of me or the more recent heavier ones.

Replies

• edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What is the 17 Day diet???
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SooZQZ
    SooZQZ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is a book about it, I am still waiting for the book to arrive in
    The mail, I ordered it online. You can go to The17DayDiet.com
    To order it or for more info. I don't have the book yet, my girlfriend
    Gave me a few pages to get me started, the food list and menus
    For the first week.
    Basically, it is a diet that operates in three to four 17 day cycles. The first cycle
    Jump starts your weight loss by accelerating your metabolism.
    It consists of eating LOTS of Lean Protein, (but only
    Chicken, turkey, fish, canned tuna, eggs) fat free cheeses and Probiotic cottage
    Cheese like Breakstone's Live Active. Lots of unlimited green veggies
    (cooked and raw, salads)... 2 allowed fruits a day. 2 yogurts a day,
    (the kind that is Probiotic, like Greek Yogurt, yum) and drinking green tea
    And water. It supposedly detoxes your system and cleans you out of toxins.
    You lose alot in the first 17 days. Then the next 17 days,
    Cycle 2, you do cycle 1 one day, cycle 2 the next, to confuse your body and
    Metabolism and keep you losing weight. Cycle 2 you add in some carbs, 2 servings
    A day. Brown Rice, corn, maybe some red meat, not sure what the food list is cuz I
    Don't have my book yet. Not there yet. Cycle 3 more foods are added. The book includes
    Menus and food lists and recipes. Simple recipes. But I just completed day 3 of Cycle one
    and I already see results. My friend has lost 29 lbs since Jan. SO FAR. Alot of people claim
    to have lost large amts like 20-30 lbs in the first month or two.
    The last cycle, cycle 4 is maintenance and you only do that when you get to your
    GOAL weight. You keep doing cycles 1, 2, and 3 until you reach your goal.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Not to upset you but this sounds like a fad diet and fad diets don't work. You may lose weight quickly but by the 25th day your weight will be back and probably then some. I have yo yo dieted all my life with fad diets such as Atkins, scarsdale, cabbage soup diet, fat flush, 17 day diet , cranberry flush, ETC( you name it, i've tried it) and yes, I lose weight initially but as soon as I stop the weight comes back and FAST. Do your self a favor and really take advantage of this website, it is a fabulous tool. I have made tons of friends in the same situation as me that help me along and give me advice on losing weight the real way. You weight didn't develop in 17 days so don't expect to lose it in 7 days! Take your time! Good luck dear :)
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Some people think that it might be a fad, but it's actually being endorsed bot only by Dr. Phil but also by the shoe The Doctors. It boasts healthy eating all the way! It looks pretty good from what I've managed to find in the last few minutes and I think I might give it a try! :)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It doesn't sound like a BAD diet maybe even healthy in some ways BUT, if your going to have to be on it as a strict diet then that is another fad diet! If you can do it great, but honestly, it's a life style change you should be after. I have been on almost every diet know n to mankind in my last 31 years and look where it got me? Up to 327 pounds at my heaviest! I started here at 315 and have lost 47 pounds so far by eating healthier AND exercising but I also eat whatever I want too, things like Mexican Food from Baja Fresh once a week and Chineese Food from Panda Express and pizza once a week, on my diet which is a lifestyle change, I am able to eat ALL the foods I want and STILL lose the weight! I don't feel deprived in the least and I am still losing the weight and that 47 pounds was in just about 3 1/2 months! I still what I want because it allows me to live normally. Sure I might get stuck for a couple weeks on a plateau and thats when I might try eat less or no carbs for a few days but thats it, a few days to jumpstart my metabolism. I wish you the best of luck but soon you will find that you are missing ALL your favorites foods and that is when the binge happens and the weight comes back on. Like the poster above said, take advantage of this site, make friends and eat normally and exercise. Trust me, this works and it's easy! Good luck!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    good luck!! I know for a fact I couldn't do it well becuz I love food too much lol.. Seriously though, I tried the low carb diets and didn't have the energy to get out of my own way. There is NO way I could cut them out for 17 days straight.
  • lilmommy
    lilmommy Posts: 84
    Options
    I have heard about the 17 day diet and it sounds like it's effective! However like any other diet it needs to become a lifestyle change and it sounds to me like your aware of that. Different things work for different people so don't be discouraged by comments suggesting it's only a "fad" diet therefore you are destined to fail. The reason people on "diets" fail is because they return their previous ways of eating. I wish you luck!!
  • mthompson59
    Options
    @Puggleperson... I've been on this 17 Day Diet for over 2 months now. It's not a fad, and Ihaven't gained any weight back, in fact, I continue to lose. Maybe the name of the diet is a bit confusing to some, you actually go thru a series of 17 day cycles until you're desired weight loss is achieved, then there's the maintenance cycle! I have lost 28 pounds so far and it's by far the easiest thing I have ever done!
  • gapilot
    gapilot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started the 17 day Diet on March 3. I have lost 5.4 pounds so far. It may sound like a fad diet ... but the first 17 days are just to help you lose weight immediately - to encourage you to continue. I think we all want to see results "right now". The next phase you are strict only every other day ... even numbered days, for example. On odd numbered days, you start adding foods into your diet in proper portions. Adding these foods helps keep you off that plateau, adds more variety, and teaches you portion control. I'm very pleased with my weight loss so far and am happy to be eating well. I do miss bread and cereal ... but I know food with flour and sugar are not the things I need - but things I want. I have to learn to limit my intake of these types of items.
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have been doing some diet research and so far, I am leaning towards this one. I really don't care if someone considers something a "fad". Fad basically means popular and I don't find anything wrong with that. I don't care if it is unpopular either. If it produces results, and if I can stick with it. Those are the things that matter to me. Oh and if it is safe. I have a Kindle so I can have this book in my hands in like 2.2 seconds. So, I think I might buy it. Right...................................now. :bigsmile:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    A friend just mentioned this diet to me and I was wondering how everyone was doing...updates please :happy: