im aweful. :(

Options
is it wrong to compare yourself to ppl you think you look better than just to feel good about yourself!?!?. :(:( this is a horrible thing to do. bt its the only way i CAN feel good about myself. wut is wrong with me!?!?!. im soo terrible. :(:(:( i hate myself for that.

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    You a total b!tch....no just kidding....it;s fine, as long as these other people don't know what you're thinking/doing....don't hurt them in the process. :)
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    Oh I do it all the time im a cow haha, i think everyone does it even if they dont admit it, or unless they think there perfect themself they dont need 2 boost themself by comparing them 2 less attractive people maybe? but i also look at people who look better than me and pick out there flaws, then i feel better, i am insane haha x
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think during the journey of weight loss you go through phazes of looking at people and thinking you look better and looking at people hoping to one day look like them. When you dedicate time and energy and count every morsel of food that goes in your mouth you deserve some kind of self confidence, self esteem and pride. But with that comes not only how to treat yourself well but to have the respect for others to treat them just as well. :) Losing weight is a journey of the body but it also plays a BIG role on the mind and spirit. At some point you find a happy balance!!
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    i wud never hurt ne one. bt i hate being soo judgmental. yanoo.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I look hotter than my sister, and it feels great.:D
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I think everyone does that in some way or another. Not everyone would admit to it though.. Once you start dropping some pounds you will start to feel good about yourself. You need to love and appreciate your body inside and out. In order to do that you need to make positive changes and the positive thinking will come along with that.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Your not a bad person~ we ALL do it... I believe its in a woman's nature to measure other women up and if you didn't do it, i'd think there was something wrong with you girlfriend!
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    I catch myself finding women in the gym who look like I USED to look. I watch them move, sit, sweat and try to hammer into my head where I was and where I will be back to if I don't keep going. I don't have any negative judgements about them. It is more of a carrot/stick situation for me. I especially like it when they totally kick my butt with whatever exercise they are doing!
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    thnx everyone. :):) i had to get tht off my chest.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    negative reinforcement is bad.

Durign international women s day, all the women were complaining that the media and society make women feel inferior by over sexualizing women. I think women share some of the blame by always wanting to look better than the girl next to you.

Looking good so that you can look better than somone else is a vain motive. Re-think your values.
  • smota
    smota Posts: 62
    Options
    Yes, we all do it one way or another, but that's not to say it is not awful indeed. I believe the answer is to try and better yourself not only in what others can see, like your figure, but mainly your personality - that's all people will remember of you when you're gone.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I look hotter than my sister, and it feels great.:D
    Me too lol. Mostly because she was always so skinny when we were younger, and I struggled a little bit. Feels good to be the thin one now.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    negative reinforcement is bad.

Durign international women s day, all the women were complaining that the media and society make women feel inferior by over sexualizing women. I think women share some of the blame by always wanting to look better than the girl next to you.

Looking good so that you can look better than somone else is a vain motive. Re-think your values.

im not doing this to look better than anyone, i really am doing it for myself, i just always catch myself comparing myself to others(in my head only). !?!?.
  • llanas77
    llanas77 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well said. Couldn't agree more!
  • madzfulcher
    Options
    Its all about training your brain. When you start to compare yourself to others, think: "There is no one to compare myself to, I am the only unique, beautiful, intelligent, hard working Samantha." Tell this to yourself over and over every time doubt comes into your head. Doubt leads to discouragement, discouragement leads to failure, because you find yourself so paralyzed by what you have told your brain.

Write positive things on the bathroom mirror w/ lipstick if you have to. Just don't give up! And don't let yourself tear your self esteem to pieces.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When we are mean to others, we are mean to ourselves. We all deserve kindness; life isn't easy. So be kinder to yourself by being kinder to others.

I think we all can be judgemental like that from time to time, but it is worthwhile practicing doing it less. MFP helps us get better at chosing what we put in our bodies so we can have healthier bodies. It's important also to practice what we put, and keep, in our minds, so we can have a healthy mental environment as well.

I wish you health, happiness, safety and peace.

Yup, go ahead, call me a hippie, I can take it :)