differences in bathroom scale vs. wii scale

Options
My bathroom scale that I weigh on in the mornings, weighs me at almost 10 lbs. under what my wii scale weighs me at. On my bathroom scale, I always weigh first thing in the morning w/not a stitch on and on the wii scale (when I use it) I weigh in the late afternoon/early evening and w/workout clothes on (no shoes). I also put it on a hard surface as I know you don't get accurate readings on carpet...does anyone have such a big discrepancy between scales? I don't know which scale to use as an accurate measurement of my weight. Obviously I like what the bathroom scale says better, but if it's wrong, I want to know!

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem - my wii scale is about 5 or 6 pounds under my bathroom scale. The bathroom scale is closer to those at my health club though so I think it is more accurate. My wii is on carpet and missing 2 of the feet things which is why I think it is off.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter which one you use the change in your weight is what should matter more. And even more than weight should be how you look and feel and how your cloths are fitting (BF%)
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i have that same issue
  • kimmybefit66
    kimmybefit66 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use my wii fit as scales but really only take it as a guide on go more on how i feel :-)

What ever you decide to use just stick with the same,

and try and wear the same and wieght at the same time of day

Good luck xx
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I often have big discrepancies in me between morning and night time weigh ins. 7-8 lbs is about my range of swing throughout a day.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Pick one. Put a weight on each (like a 5lb one) and see how far they are off or if they are dead on. Then only use one to monitor.
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My Wii weighs me about 3 lbs heavier than the bathroom scale.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    IMO scales are evil! I have two scales. One is older and the other is a new digital. The older scale says I weight about 5-10 lbs less then what the digital one reads. Funny thing is, I put a 40lb dumbbell on each scale. And they both read 40lbs. But when I step on there they are different!

So I wouldn't pay much attention to them. Pick one scale and use it.
  • kareokemom5
    Options
    I would go with your bathroom scale. I say this because you are wieghing in the morning in the nude. My wii and my bathroom scale are different too. I use my bathroom scale because it reads the same as the doctor's office does. You should weigh yourself once on the bathroom scale with clothes on than immediately after that go to another scale either at a gym or in the doctors office and weigh to see if there is a difference. This will let you know how accurate you bathroom scale is.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    its probably not just the scales its that its a different time of day, youve eaten, youre wearing clothes:smile:try weighing yourself on the wii scales immediately after you weigh yourself on your scales. When I did they were very close