weekly exercise routine?

Can you all share with me your weekly exercise routine? I am just trying to get an idea of where to start. Thanks!!!!

Replies

• trf1011
    trf1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Can you all share with me your weekly exercise routine? I am just trying to get an idea of where to start. Thanks!!!!
  • Mine has been lame, and I haven't lost anythig. So if I give any advice: be consistent whatever you end up doing
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday is 60-90 minutes doing elliptical, bike, treadmill or swimming (a lot of times a mixture).

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I do Yoga for 30 minutes and strength training/toning for 30 minutes.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I do the Slim in 6 program for 6 days a week...(it's kicking my butt too!), and do 20-30 min. on the elliptical 3 times a week also.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    MWF: (30 min elliptical, 30 minutes walking on incline trainer) or a cardio/dance type class and , 60 minute yoga class
    TT: 60 minutes strength training, 30-60 min cardio
    S: Yoga class and 2km swim
    Sunday: 15-30 core work, 30-60 minutes my choice cardio

But I started with nothing but walking everyday and 2 strenght training session a week. I've added a lot as I've gotten stronger and fitter.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    I try to do some sort of Cardio Everyday. 5 days in the gym (whichever days I feel like going... walk the other days) Usually 20-30min treadmill (incline) or elliptical, 20-30min strength/core training. Sometimes on Fridays (to blow off some steam) I will run around the track for about 20min and skip strength training.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    I ride my bike after work, I have three routes that I vary between. One is 20 minutes, the other is 30 and the other is 45. So it all depends on how much time and energy I have as to which route I take. I also do not have set days in which I do it, just whenever weather permits, and when I have enough time...but I average riding anywhere from 2 to 5 days a week. Compared to everyone else my work out regime sounds pretty lax, but I lose a pretty consistent 1 pound a week, so maybe for some people you don't HAVE to kill yourself to see results. Just start out slow and either increase or stay the same depending on what results your getting and how much you are happy with them.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    I try to keep it really varied so I have fun! Usually looks like this:

Monday:
    -Body Combat class and netball game in the evening

Tuesday:
    - Body Combat class again or Shred

Wednesday:
    -4.5km run on my lunch break and basketball game in the evening

Thursday:
    - 3km walk at lunch and 1hr yoga in the evening

Friday:
    -Shred

Saturday:
    rest

Sunday:
    - 1hr strength training, 2hr hike on Mt. Lofty

Every workday I also walk to and from the train station to work which is about 2kms.
    Hope this helps you get some ideas! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Just wanted to chime in and say not to be intimidated by what some of us are doing. (which is a lot, great job everybody!)

You have to start at your current level. It's a very common problem that people start hard-core, find it too difficult for their current level of fitness, and burn out. You have to challenge yourself, but you don't have to torture yourself. (yet.) So, I decided to give you a "before and after" vision of my exercise program.

When I first started working out:

I did between 5-15 minutes on the treadmill every day. That was truly all I could handle, but I kept doing it.

Now, four years later:
    I do 3 yoga classes a week
    strength train 3 days a week
    and do 4-5 days of cardio a week, for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

I'm also in general a lot more active. A mile of walking seems like a stroll now.
    :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Bicycle, bicycle, bicycle, bicycle, bicycle, 90-130 miles per week usually. Yoga maybe 2x a week here at the house as well. I stopped weight training until I hear back from Songbyrdsweet and her profs about my diabetes, glycogen, and BMR.
  • islandgirlmt
    islandgirlmt Posts: 4 Member
    I train with a trainer on Tues. & Thurs. for 60 min. I box for 60 min. on Mon. Wed. & Friday. Then I try to run 2-3 miles 4-5 days a week. I think that the best thing to do is to mix things up. Hope this helps.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    M,W,F split sets strength session about 45-50 min (with warm up and cool down)- yoga evening M,W
    T, TH- cardio 50 min (slower pace in fat burning zone)
    Sat or Sun hike or bike

Getting out there- moving and trying different things is an awesome feeling.
  • Monday:
    Ballet- 90 min
    Modern dance- 90 min
    Treadmill or elliptical- 30-45min

Tuesday:
    Modern dance- 90 min

Wednesday:
    Ballet- 90 min
    Treadmill or elliptical-30-45min

Thursday:
    Modern dance- 90 min

Friday:
    Ballet- 90 min
    Treadmill or elliptical- 30-45min

Saturday:
    Ballet- 90 min

**Treadmill or elliptical on Tuesday and Thursdays depending on how busy or tired i am
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    hi there..

i agree with viv ... most important is to start at your own level..
    with time i find that pushing myself a little harder is the most fun part of my workouts..
    so i start with something and do it until i just can't anymore,, then i work on achieving at least that much the next time,, once that is well under control,,, i add some time or level to it,,

the other thing that i find helps me a lot is diversity ... i try to do all kinds of different things all the time ,, i change my workout schedules all the time and rarely have a week that looks the same as the previous.,,, i just get bored easily

lately thing have been looking more or less like this..

monday
    30 on elliptical and/or stepmaster + 1h jazzfit class

tuesday
    30 on elliptical and/or stepmaster +lifting + 40 min swimming (at least 1k in 30 min + warm up/cool down)

wednesday
    30 on elliptical and/or stepmaster + 1h body attack class

thursday
    pick and choose of cardio machine at gym for 1h.. (that on the machine time...) + lifting

friday
    30 on elliptical and/or stepmaster + 40 min swimming

saturday
    1h on stationary bike

sunday
    day off .. but always go for a walk or do a very intensive cleaning in the house

find whats best for you !!
    may
  • Six days a wk I ride my recumbant bike for 60 minutes (approximately 400-450 calories depending on my rate)
    I also "power walk" for one hour w/a friend in town three to four days a wk.
    I have the Barrys Bootcamp dvds and I LOVE THEM!! I do those in the morning on MWF
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Uhh....sorry I peeked in here I must say.

Soooooooo now that my foot is healing, I guess I better get my butt on that elliptical machine!!

Bu bye...going right now....I swear......

walk 2 miles 3 x week
    40 minutes on the elliptical 2 x week
    dance like a fool for 30 minutes whenever I feel like it
    weight train 3 x week

I just started ordering videos from net flix to change things up. And after reading GTOs workout I better get my butt in gear on the Slim in 6 too, right?

This is why I love MFP. I have completely stopped exercising due to a foot injury. I am going right now to do some cardio. Love ya all!:flowerforyou:
  • Hi:

Mon-Sun: Leslie Sansone 5 mile walking tape which includes strength training. I add weight to walk.
    Usually 3-4 days a week I also do the belly burner tape. I wear a pedometer and try to make at least 20,000 steps per day.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    My routine isn't really a start off place, it's where I've gotten to after building up my strength and endurance.
    Currently, my schedule looks like this:

MONDAY: Aerials class (which totally works the core and upper body) + about 20 mins. of cardio
    TUESDAY: 1 hour Turbo Kick (in gym format of Turbo Jam)
    WEDNESDAY: Strength training (this changes depending on my goals... currently I am focusing on my upper body, core, and a little of the legs) for 1 hour.
    THURSDAY: 1 hour of vinyasa yoga + 1 hour of cardio bellydance
    FRIDAY: Strength training (similar to Wednesday)
    SATURDAY: 1 hour of Turbo Kick
    SUNDAY: Rest

When I started working out 4 years ago I did the P90 program.
  • Mondays - 1 hour of weight training followed by 30 minutes of cardio on my own or 1 hour group cycle class (depends on how I feel after the weights)

Tuesdays - 1 hour of cardio

Wednesdays - 1 hour of weight training followed by 1 hour group cycle class

Thursdays - Rest Day!

Fridays - 1 hour of weight training followed by 30 minutes of cardio

Saturdays - 1 hour group cycle class

Sundays - 1 hour of cardio or 5 mile walk/run on local nature trail

***I like to keep my cardi varied so that I won't get bored. When I'm doing an hour of cardio, I usually do 30 minutes on one machine and then 30 on another. My favorites are the Arc Trainer and Stair Climber (the old school one with the revolving stairs). I try to make sure I get some running:grumble:in at least two days each week.