Reminding myself...

Options
Well, I've lost 23 pounds.

I thought I looked so good.

Now, I've been stuck here for a week or so (I know that's not long) and with the bloat from TOM, I just feel gross and fat ...as fat as I ever felt.

I have to keep reminding myself that I am NOT that fat.

I'm in my size 14 and they are very loose. Four months ago I couldn't even pull them up.

My face looks GREAT in pictures now. I don't need to get that "certain angle".

My legs barely touch when I walk now. Four months ago, they rubbed so much, they got chaffed.

I don't need to wear my Spanx and haven't for 2 months. Four months ago I couldn't go without it.

I have to keep telling myself these things or I get discouraged (my TOM is pending...and late...and I'm not pregnant...but I'm bloated and feel SO GROSS!).

What do you do to remind yourself of how far you've come?!

Replies

• laruhh
    laruhh Posts: 3
    Options
    Nice job! I just started and I want to remind myself that if I keep this up it'll make me happy when the bathing suit weather comes around (yikes!) and it'll help me get in shape for next year when I want to start rowing for my college.
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I go over my log for my food and exercise. It reminds me how I never looked at the calories of food I was putting in my mouth, that I layed in the bed feeling sorry for myself, because I felt I couldn't do it. I have come so far, been here for alomost 60 days, the first month I lost 16 pounds, this last month I maintained and didn't loose. I still get up every day eat great and exercise at least 5 days a week. I see changes on my body, my face, even my personality. I am happy and know that, yes it will take time, I just have to push through every day..A new positive attitude..You sound like you are doing wonderful, congrats to you. Keep going...
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    I LOVE pulling on the size 26 pants I had from when I was 264 lbs and just knowing that I'm currently 67 lbs lighter and almost shrinking out of a rockin hot size 14! I love passing my former Lane Bryant store in the mall only to walk over to my new favorite REGULAR sized store, Forever 21 and trying things on, actually LOVING my reflection! I love the energy I'm feeling from my food choices and exercises and knowing that I'm gonna keep sculpting this solid body until my goal! Shake it like there's no tomorrow, girl! TOM or not, WE DESERVE RECOGNITION! <3 Now make like a baseball player & pat yourself on your new smokin buns!