barely losing any weight...

goshagirl
goshagirl Posts: 30 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I started MFP in mid Feb... I have only lost 2 lbs so far. I have been working out at least 4-5 time a week doing cardio and circuit training. I am being very honest about my calories and not going over but once or twice. It is so frustrating. What can I do? Any advice?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Difficult to give feedback without seeing your diary. Would you mind making it public so we can see what your days look like? That would allow us to help better. :bigsmile:
  • abynum16
    abynum16 Posts: 1
    When exactly are you working out? The best time to work out is the morning. Everyone does burn weight rapidly either. Are you drinking plently of water? The best work out is running. A nice jog will always do the trick.
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    i would suggest cutting out meats, sugars and dairy. AND OF COURSE POP SWEET TEAS anything of that sort. I say water, hot tea plain, and black coffee is your friend. I would suggest being on a more vegan diet more greens and raw foods like fruits to help shed some extra pounds. I would stay away from starches too.
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    i would suggest cutting out meats, sugars and dairy. AND OF COURSE POP SWEET TEAS anything of that sort. I say water, hot tea plain, and black coffee is your friend. I would suggest being on a more vegan diet more greens and raw foods like fruits to help shed some extra pounds. I would stay away from starches too.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Agreed that the best way people can help is by seeing the food diary. I notice that (especially for women) what you eat makes a much bigger difference than how much you work out. Also, all these calories consumed and burned are estimates. Some of us have faster or slower metabolisms. You have to use this site as directional, but adjust to your own body.
  • oxoxcarole
    oxoxcarole Posts: 9 Member
    promise yourself you will workout for 45 min to an hour
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Please make your diary public.I ran into trouble and my pals helped me out.But the water is important and so is workouts.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    I would agree with everyone that sayd to open your diary - at least to your friends. Hard to say what you are doing wrong if we don't know everything you are doing.

Also, try reading this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188509-my-take-on-exercise-calories-please-read-if-you-are-new

A lot of people have told me it really helped them. Good luck!
  • goshagirl
    Thank you all for the feedback.
    I work out at 5 to 6am at least 4-5 times a week. I have cut out all soda and sweet tea altogether. Jogging at a 5.0 pace and walking at 3.7 alternating.... I will start cutting out all other junk carbs to see if that helps. Its just so frustrating to work so hard for minimal results.
  • ashleyb1031
    ashleyb1031 Posts: 69 Member
    might be your sodium and carbs..
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    perhaps the amount of calories you're eating in one sitting is too much for your body to burn. You are eating high calorific meals in some of your meals.

You have gone over with carbs and salt like some have said on here.

Also I wouldn't personally rely on the amount of calories it says you've burnt and I certainly wouldnt eat back all the calories as its way too much. As you've only just started, my advice is to cut back on every fatty food with no treats for at least 2 weeks just to give your body a kick start.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Just glancing at a few days of your diary, the problem could be your sodium intake. Try monitoring that, cutting back, to see if that works. Good luck!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Just glancing at a few days of your diary, the problem could be your sodium intake. Try monitoring that, cutting back, to see if that works. Good luck!

I would second that. You are ingesting a TON of sodium. Also, you either aren't drinking much water or you aren't logging it. If you aren't drinking much, then that - combined with the sodium intake - is almost certainly a major part of your problem.
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    First thing, I see you're skipping breakfast every morning.....bad move. Secondly, you seem to be over on your carbs most days, while staying under your calorie goal. I don't think that you're eating all that healthy...just a personal opinion. Integrate more fresh fruits and veggies and cut back on the fast food/restaurant food. Did you really eat just a Johnsonville cheddar brat for dinner? No bread, toppings, or accompaniment?
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    First thing, I see you're skipping breakfast every morning.....bad move. Secondly, you seem to be over on your carbs most days, while staying under your calorie goal. I don't think that you're eating all that healthy...just a personal opinion. Integrate more fresh fruits and veggies and cut back on the fast food/restaurant food. Did you really eat just a Johnsonville cheddar brat for dinner? No bread, toppings, or accompaniment?

Agreed. Also a previous poster said that you are eating a lot of calories at one sitting, which is what I thought too. Just make a few changes and I bet you will see results! You can do this!
  • goshagirl
    Alright! I have some changes to make =) I hope this makes the difference Im hoping for.

Thanks you all for the advice!
    and yes I did eat a Brat for dinner with nothing =) I like those!
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Yep in addition the breakfast and carb allocation that has been said. I would also suggest splitting you calories out into more (count) smaller (kcal) meals. I would suggest 5-6 meals a day, evenly spaced. You metabolism is not going to start burning off (and not storing) extra fat unless it's convinced that energy is being provided on a consistent basis.
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    do you live down under as your profile photo makes my head blush LOL.
  • goshagirl
    do you live down under as your profile photo makes my head blush LOL.

Haha no. (would love to go there) I live in Middle America, Southern Illinois.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    might be your sodium and carbs..

This is what I noticed too. And lots of processed foods. Bodies work better with whole foods.
This discussion has been closed.