Have you used P90 workout dvds?

Options
I looked into them and I like what I SEE, but I would like to have some of the msg board people's opinion on how well it worked, ect of those who used it.

Please leave feedback on if you think i should or should not purchase and reason why?

I have a wedding i am going to in 20 days and would love to drop some weight asap, but also am looking at this long term...I wanna be back to my pre-preg weight by summer...which means i need to lose 30 lbs

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• 1020bridget
    Options
    I looked into them and I like what I SEE, but I would like to have some of the msg board people's opinion on how well it worked, ect of those who used it.

Please leave feedback on if you think i should or should not purchase and reason why?

I have a wedding i am going to in 20 days and would love to drop some weight asap, but also am looking at this long term...I wanna be back to my pre-preg weight by summer...which means i need to lose 30 lbs

Thanks in advance!!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well, no program is going to create super dramatic results in 20 days... however, if you are in this for the full 90 days (and beyond) then P90X is a great program. However, it is of an intermediate/advanced level... so previous workout experience is pretty much a must.
    If you are ready to work hard, then this is the program to use. It works you hard, but you'll be happy with the results you get because of that... you'll be in the best shape of your life! Another perk is that it comes with a big nutrition guide, so the guess work about eating is taken out, as it's laid right out there for you.

I give it two big thumbs up.

If you want, you can see my photos here on My Fitness Pal to see some before and after stuff.

Cheers!
  • vypergrl
    Options
    :wink: I agree that it is not for beginners, as you need to know and get down techniques before going to extreme workouts.

I caviat that with the fact that this program allows you to train without plateaus... that in and of itself is AWESOME.

I'm thinking about purchasing the program, as after 17 years of training I think I need something else to kick my fat burining up a notch or two.

Good luck and best wishes for the results you are looking for....:happy:

P.S. 80% of what we gain out of working out is from what we eat...and how we eat it. Clean eating is the only way you can get that body you're looking for, and a great workout program :wink:

Cheers!

Audry
  • Jenshoe
    Options
    I am on week 4 of P90X Lean and I have lost about an inch everywhere I have measured. I was already pretty consistent about working out, I just never pushed myself much, did the same ol things when at the gym. My biggest difference I noticed was the muffin top in my jeans (or lack there of). I was very excited and encouraged to continue when no muffin came bulging out last week when I put them on to go out.

I think they are great, so far I am getting more out of them then I did my $95/ hour personal trainer at Crunch.

I do think if you are only committing 20 days P90X is not right for you. Plenty of great videos like Billy Blanks Bootcamp that can give you an extra bump in the workout if you don't want to go the full 90 days.