How many calories in Blackberries?

Options
I just added 15 blackberries from Trader Joes to my yogurt. I entered them (separate from my yogurt) in my food journal as a cup of fresh blackberries and it calculated like 280 calories. Does that sound right? Most of what I'm seeing online quotes much less calories for blackberries.

Any input?

Replies

• SparksFly460
    Options
    I go with 60 calories for a cup of whole blackberries.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    You really do need to double check a lot of those items - I think some have been entered as possibly frozen items - which usually have other items like sugar added, which could be correct - I always double check on fruits and vegetables - and usually check numerous sources before I put them down - and yes, that sounds like way to many for just blackberries.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    fresh - 1/2 cup (125ml/72g)

calories - 30
    total fat - 0
    sat fat - 0
    trans fat -0
    cholesterol-0
    sodium - 0
    total carbs - 7
    dietary fiber 4
    sugar 3
    protein 1
    vit a 4
    vit C 25
    calcium 2
    iron 2
  • Nataliethin81
    Options

I agree! You always have to double check, there are a lot of food items that incorrect in the MFP database.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options

I agree! You always have to double check, there are a lot of food items that incorrect in the MFP database.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of no sugar added frozen blackberries in my freezer. I figure the calories are probably close to fresh ones. The nutrition information states there are 90 calories in 1 cup.
  • Estrella4ever
    Options
    That's funny that you ask this because I had blackberries yesterday and I'm going to have them again today and it said i had 140 calories for half a cup... :noway: I need to double triple check everything. Thanks.:bigsmile:
  • swiss31
    swiss31 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    sorry to interrupt, but I thought someone was eating a phone... lol
  • Estrella4ever
    Options

:laugh: :bigsmile: hahahahaha!!!
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options

Same. Would it be valid to ask how many calories are in an APPLE now? :tongue:
  • swiss31
    swiss31 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Same. Would it be valid to ask how many calories are in an APPLE now? :tongue:
    haha! touche!
  • simplywriting
    Options
    Try typing in the fruit and then the word raw
    for instance, blackberries, raw
    or strawberries, raw

I have found that most of the time, those are the accurate calories. (yes, i'm slightly obsessed with looking on other sites to be sure)