just bought 30 day shred

Options
and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. In the meantime, can those of you who have done it give me an idea of what to expect? I know its three levels and you do each one for 10 days. But how long is it? what type of exercises? I wouldn't mind doing some of them in preparation!

Replies

• dalscruf
    dalscruf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cardio ~ Strength ~ Abs

About 25 minutes long.. Level 1 includes jumping jacks, jump rope, squats, push ups, butt kicks, bicycle crunches, etc..

You will be sore the first few days, everyone is different, you just gotta push yourself through it though.. It does get easier!
  • jessica6335
    Options
    I actually just did my 1st day today. And it's a fast paced 28 minute workout! You do not have downtime (which is great!) and Jillian just keeps you moving. I'm beat and sweaty after just day one but I am looking forward to day two to see if it gets easier for me :)
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    level one there is cardio. jumping jacks, jump roping and boxing. there are lunges, swats and push ups. and ab work. level 2 is harder than level 1. expect to be sore after the first day but the soreness goes away.
  • momofcole
    momofcole Posts: 18
    Options
    The workouts are short- less than 30 minutes (24 or 25, maybe?) They alternate cardio, strength (need hand weights), and abs. I was SORE when I first started doing it! It gets you in shape fast though!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i will warn you, you will sore for a few days!! its circuit training. you do 3 mts cardio, 2 mts strength and 1 mt abs. the actual workout is like 20 mts, but with warmup and cool down its about 30 mts. Your body will change quick with this dvd. the first place i noticed a quick change, was my stomach! it went flat! you will love it. good luck! i also do about 20-30 mts on elliptical or treadmill after my dvd workout. Since my body is already in burning calorie mode, i like to give it an extra push!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Your endurance will build as each day passes. There are two girls that work with her...one is the example for the more advanced and the other is the example for the beginners. You can follow the beginner one when it is tough....

It is a great workout :)
  • sacfrazier
    Options
    I am about 1/2 way through level 2, although I may have to continue on it longer than 10 days. I'm not gonna lie to you, Jillian kicked my butt (and still is). On day 3 of level 1 my quads hurt so bad and I almost didn't do the workout, but I stuck with it and each day gets a little easier. Good luck and have fun!
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    Thanks everyone!