How Often Do You Weigh In?

Options
I'm curious to see how often people are weighing in. I'm not an advocate of the 'scale' and having it be my gauge on success. If its not saying 'nice' things to me then I go into a negative mindset - so I'm wondering do you weigh in weekly? bi-weekly? monthly?

Thanks for your feedback :)

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    As of right now I am weighing in once a week, just to make sure I am doing something right. After a month or two that will drop to once every two weeks.
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh in once a week.. but I get too anxious and I weigh in 2 times a week.
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 47
    Options
    Once a week, same day, same time of day.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily mostly because it is apart of the wii workout. I guess I could skip it but eh it will keep me on track. I do not post it to my fitness pal though.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Daily - I'm at my goal weight and it helps keep me in check. If I stray too far "north" I know I need to hunker down and refocus.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on the 1st and 15th of each month. Helps me to not obsess over the numbers. And it has always shown a loss, so I don't get discouraged.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Lenten Sscale Diet -- the next I weigh in will be Easter Sunday!
  • Crossfit_Mom_2_4
    Crossfit_Mom_2_4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome feedback everyone!! THANK YOU!!
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Daily, it helps me keep on track...encourages me when it shows weight, motivates me otherwise. However, I don't let it dictate my mood for the day. Progress has other indicators...loose clothes, the way you fee, etc.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My doctor has me weigh every day, but only record it once a week. This way I'm very aware of the way my weight fluctuates (so I won't go too crazy if I have an unexplained gain), but I'm recording it often enough to see the progress. For me, if I only weighed once a month, that would probably give me permission to go crazy for 3 weeks and then try to lose it all week 4.
  • drayah7
    drayah7 Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't...I just posted a comment that I don't weigh in as suggested on MFP because I was told by several trainers that muscle weighs more than fat and therefore weighing in can be discouraging. So, I go by my clothes...how they fit.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Weekly - Every Thursday at 9 am!
  • bodzio4062
    Options
    I do it every day, in the morning (Dr. Oz recommendation). I do it for educational reasons, trying to understand the correlation between what I eat, and how it translates into weight. I don't get upset if the weight states the same for a day o two. I don't get upset if it goes up. I just analyze and see what could have caused it (previous day diet, exercise, sleep...). :D
  • livinglife2day
    livinglife2day Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't, but I weigh myself every morning. :sad:
  • mctobey
    mctobey Posts: 2
    Options
    1X per week, same day and around the same time each week that is the most accurate guage. You will probobly notice a pattern if you weigh in more my best day of the week is usually Wed/Thursday so I weigh in on one of those two days. Just keep the same day and time to do your weigh in each week.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record on Fridays. It just gives me a guage of how i am doing throughout the week...
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    every 4-6 weeks, I try not to get onsessive. I go by how my clothes fit and you get a good feeling after 4 weeks to see that you are still losing.
  • a2canadian
    Options
    Same time every Sunday. Your weight may fluctuate significantly (along with your heart rate, blood pressure etc.) from morning to night so make sure you weigh in at the same time (morning will produce the most satisfying results!). Also, if you are female, take your monthly "flow" into account. Where you are in your cycle will effect the amount of estrogen vs. testosterone in your system and will influence your weight.
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    Daily. But record it once a week :)
  • jillinthbox
    jillinthbox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I ususally weigh in every morning. I need it as a reminder to keep up my exercise (which I just started) and healthy eating. I know I'm not alone in this though: When I wake up, look in the mirror etc. I can pretty accurately guess my weight, within a .5lb.

Anyone else? Based on how you look/feel?