Which snack would you choose?

tmaksparkie
tmaksparkie Posts: 279
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I am a big one for an evening snack when I am home. When I was younger my dad made popcorn every night it was our evening snack he made it in a pan with little oil and just salt no butter. As an adult I love popcorn no matter how you make it I LOVE POPCORN but I also like dry cereal(no milk) so my question is which would you choose

POPCORN OR CEREAL?

I don't care for sugar cereals more like shredded wheat, granola, corn flakes, cheerios.

Replies

• fluffy831
    fluffy831 Posts: 30 Member
    For me, popcorn! I love it.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    popcorn for sure!!!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    They both sound very healthy especially if you don't add very much salt to your popcorn. I would also try air poped corn instead of using the oil. You are getting whole grains either way and that is always good.
  • Always popcorn for me!!
  • I would eat the one with the higher fiber and the least amount of fat. I hope this help i am no guru. Oh, heck I just love dried cherrios..lol:laugh:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    popcorn
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    cereal for me, talking of which, frosties better than special K, who would have thought :P
  • air popped popcorn for me!
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    I would choose popcorn, because I don't care for cereal....It is also natural-not processed and if you air pop it, it is healthy for you, but if you do like your dad.....use olive oil. But, if you absolutely love them both, just get them both and alternate between the two...one night snack on popcorn and another night snack on cereal.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    yum POPCORN!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    I'm a pocorn lover too. Here's a recipe, put 1/4 cup of popcorn kernals in a brown bag (like the kind you pack a lunch in). Fold it over twice. Put it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. Listen for the popping to have 3 seconds between pops and then take it out. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning and eat from the bag if u choose. Healthy and easy!
  • Cereal :happy:
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    My favorite snack is granola with 1/2 cup 1% milk. YUM! But.. I'm obsessed with granola.

Oh - that means my vote is for cereal, I guess.. haha.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Popcorn for sure!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    cereal...only because im not big on popcorn
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Cereal!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    popcorn....i <3 kettlecorn that is a little salty and sweet at the same time
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Between the two- popcorn (air popped if you can do it) but for a quick snack you could do Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop 94% Fat Free Butter Microwave Popcorn. 2 cups popped is 60 calories.
    By the way, you are doing an AWESOME job so far!! Keep it up!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Probably popcorn, you get more for the calories most of the time. Orivelle Redenbackers (spelling?) has low calorie packs that are great for one person.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Thanks everyone popcorn it is, it is so yummy!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.