Cadbury says Chinese-made chocolate have melamine

Options
Just spreading the news....

HONG KONG - A Cadbury spokesman says preliminary results show its Chinese-made chocolates contain the industrial chemical melamine.

The spokesman said Monday it was too early to say how much melamine the chocolates contained.

He declined to give his name because of company policy.

Cadbury said earlier the tests "cast doubt" on the safety of its Chinese-made products but didn't elaborate.

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Just spreading the news....

HONG KONG - A Cadbury spokesman says preliminary results show its Chinese-made chocolates contain the industrial chemical melamine.

The spokesman said Monday it was too early to say how much melamine the chocolates contained.

He declined to give his name because of company policy.

Cadbury said earlier the tests "cast doubt" on the safety of its Chinese-made products but didn't elaborate.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    explains why cadbury's taste like plastic :laugh:

All joking aside, just another reason to quit putting our safety in the hands of others!
  • jcm476
    Options
    **** i just had some cadbury fruit and nut bar last week.. yuck
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This is what's going to kill us. It's not going to be a nuclear bomb or global warming, it's going to be greed and lack of oversight. It's only a matter of time before some bizzaro virus gets spread to the global community through some food ingredient.

If you really want to scare yourself, do some research on the anti-freeze chemical that wound up in cough syrup.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/world/americas/06poison.html

This has been going on for a very long time and the international death toll could be enormous. It's not like some companies are trustworthy. Just looking at the country of origin is no solution either. Even if products are made in the US, you don't know where the raw materials came from. In other cases, the origin is deliberately obscured by doing the final assembly or packaging in a seemingly "safe" country just to get the 'made in' label.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92875207

The only hope I see here is... God, I can't believe I'm going to say this... lawyers. If some of these large corporations get sued enough, and are forced to pay high enough penalties (included criminal charges against executives) then maybe, they'll have a vested interest in making sure there products are pure.

I'm going on the cave-man diet. If I don't grow it, can it, hunt it or pick it, then I'm not going to eat it! This is going to be a lot of work, but at least I will know what comes out of the jar is exactly what I put into the jar. Now how do I make my own aspirin...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options

The only hope I see here is... God, I can't believe I'm going to say this... lawyers. If some of these large corporations get sued enough, and are forced to pay high enough penalties (included criminal charges against executives) then maybe, they'll have a vested interest in making sure there products are pure.

I'm going on the cave-man diet. If I don't grow it, can it, hunt it or pick it, then I'm not going to eat it! This is going to be a lot of work, but at least I will know what comes out of the jar is exactly what I put into the jar. Now how do I make my own aspirin...

A little more oversight wouldn't hurt either.

Let me know how the cave-man diet goes - I would guess you'd lose weight :laugh: