Ground beef dinner ideas

Options
rebeccaS85
rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
Anyone have any ground beef dinner ideas? I am sick and DON"T want to cook!! But I have a 4 year old boy and a hubby who is going to come home from work hungry so a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. lol. HELP!!!

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Eggplant and Ground Beef Casserole

1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    1 medium onion, chopped
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Chopped celery, optional
    2 medium eggplants, peeled and diced
    Chicken bouillon
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    Bread crumbs or crushed French fried onions

Preheat oven to 350 º.

Cook the ground beef with the onion and celery, season with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, simmer the eggplant in a sauce pan in a small amount of water. Add some chicken bouillon to the water for added flavor. Drain the eggplant.

Combine the ground beef and eggplant, then add the egg and mix well. Place in a buttered casserole dish or pie plate, sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Bake in 350º for 30 minutes.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    TACOS OR COOK THE MEAT ON THE STOVE JUST LIKE YOU WOULD FOR TACOS AND MAKE SPAGGETI AND SAUCE AND PUT THE MEAT WITH IT.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    We love this one at food.com

http://www.food.com/recipe/gnocchi-tomato-bake-with-freezing-instructions-318100?nl=RZ-092110-eaters-digest__item-link-url-1

It's meatless, but many people brown some ground beef and add it to the recipe. It freezes nicely. Take it out the night before and the next night come home and pop into the oven.

It tastes like pizza!!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    TACO SOUP

Ingredients
    2 pounds ground beef
    1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
    1 1/2 cups water
    1 (15 ounce) can mild chili beans
    1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
    1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
    1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
    1 (1 ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
    Directions
    1.In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
  • buckeyereavis
    Options
    mix ground beef and ground turkey and make chili
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I would make soft taco's as they are so quck and easy. I don't buy the packages of taco seasoning as there is a ton of sodium, instead after you brown the ground beef add a tsp of garlic pwdr, chili pwdr, paprika, cumin, and a pinch of salt and lots of ground pepper. Add in about 3/4 c. water and simmer until it has evaporated. Then you just have to chop some veggies and add some salsa . . . and ta da . . . dinner in about 15 minutes.
    This is my families favorite and there are NEVER any leftovers on this night. We actually sub in ground turkey instead of beef as well.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Love me some Shepherd's Pie ;)
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Simple and easy? Two boxes of reg Mac n cheese, brown ground beef, after cooking mac and cheese add ground beef. Quick, easy and yummy! Mix in frozen veggies for a more balanced meal.
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Tacos
    Taco salad
    Nachos grande dinner plate (ground meat, tortilla chips, salsa, lettuce, cheese)
    Sloppy Joes
    Meatloaf
    Meat sauce for spaghetti
    "Fake-baked" ziti (easier than real baked ziti, just mix meat sauce with ziti noodles and cheese and bake in oven)
    Hamburgers
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i was also looking for dinner ideas but with ground turkey. So thanks, you read my mind!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    We had tacos last night. I use 93% lean ground beef and throw a can of low sodium black beans in. Adds some good nutritional value and it's yummy.