Help Vitamin's

Options
Stagezz
Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
I don't take any vitamins or supplements of any kind...I know I should....

Any idea on how i figure out what i should be taking???

TY

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You can start with a multivitamin- that's a pretty safe start. I also take Viactiv (tastes like chocolate) to help me reach my daily calcium goal. I've heard that fish oil is also recommended, but doesn't make me feel that great...
  • turnerl79
    turnerl79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are going to have a ton of advice for this and it may be overwhelming. I suggest seeing a dietician to get recomendations.
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Well, I take vitamin E and fish oil daily, along with a calcium supplement, and an iron supplement. Seems to help.
  • simplywriting
    Options
    A lot of people are going to have a ton of advice for this and it may be overwhelming. I suggest seeing a dietician to get recomendations.

I have to agree here. You can ask, and you're going to get all sorts of answers, but truthfully a dietitian will be a better start to get the information you need.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The best thing is just a good multi vitamin as that is one of the few places you can get the all important folic acid! I have a dairy allergy so include calcium and vitamin D . . . but that is for my deficiency from not eating any dairy.
  • LornaW
    LornaW Posts: 27
    Options
    I just take Centrum a multivitamin...you could go to doc or clinic and get a blood work up :flowerforyou:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    There's several factors that play into vitamin take-age :)
    I would also say start with an age appropriate multivitamin. If you're a veg, or vegan, you need to do a little research and see where you're lacking. If you don't eat a lot of fish or nuts, omegas might be a good idea. Depending on your age you can opt to take a lot of things, calcium, iron, zinc, C, E, yadda yadda.
    There's a vitamin or supplement for everything, but you generally want to try to get vitamins via natural food sources.
    I'd start with a multivitamin, and honestly, it's so personal I would suggest assessing your diet versus reference intakes, and seeing if you're getting what you need through your food before you hop onto things :)