WHATS UR OPINION ON "ADDIPEX"

Options
i'VE HEARD GREAT AND BAD THINGS ABOUT THIS "DIET" SPEED PILL. AND I WANT TO KNOW IF THE GOOD OVER RATES THE BAD OR VISE VERSA

Replies

• Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    Bump*
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it...
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    I would think anything that's called a diet "speed" pill should be avoided.....too much opportunity for damage to the heart..
  • leonabrown1991
    Options
    WELL ITS MEANT FOR VERY FAST WEIGHT LOSE.. LIKE 20 LBS IN 2WEEKS KINDA THING. LIKE THERES GIRL UP HERE WERE I WORK SHE'S LOST CLOSE TO 30 IN LIKE LESS THAN 3 WEEKS.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Its crappola, diet and do your workout and you'll shed weight. There's no miracle "pill". we're all in this together doing the same thing... I mean if there was a magic pill.. i think we'd all be skinny by now ;)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Then I would forget the heart and say don't commit suicide. Love your body, and That's not good for it.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Plan to clean your whole house after you take it....you'll have the burst of energy/alertness. Unfortunately, it also made sure that I woke up about 20 times a night. I had to stop taking it after about 5 days because I couldn't think clearly or drive safely from lack of sleep. If you want to go with a medicine, I'd suggest trying Alli first and see if you can tolerate it okay. It does help to increase weight loss, and I personally haven't had any trouble with side effects on Alli.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    WELL ITS MEANT FOR VERY FAST WEIGHT LOSE.. LIKE 20 LBS IN 2WEEKS KINDA THING. LIKE THERES GIRL UP HERE WERE I WORK SHE'S LOST CLOSE TO 30 IN LIKE LESS THAN 3 WEEKS.

Yup and risk messin your heart and precious organs. Lets not forget that when u go back to your old habits you'll gain em back.
    That being said..food isnt your enemy, its the relation "hand to mouth" ..thats what you really gotta work on. No pill can fix that.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was given this medicine by my Doctor back in 2005 to do a 6 month trail for insurance to show that even with this so called speed pill I could not lose the 100 pounds that I needed to lose to get my health issues under control.
    I did lose about 30 pounds on the pill but once I came off of it , I gained that weight back and then went on to have gastric bypass shortly after that., losing 140 pounds since having the surgery.

I did not have any bad effects from the pill, it made me have issues sleeping but I have had those all my life.
    I did not eat much during that time and I was always full of energy and doing things I normally didnt want to do, like taking the fans apart and cleaning them, getting down on hands and knees spot cleaning the whole house, and doing hours on in of yard work. I just had loads of energy to do the things I had wanted to do but was to UGH to do them.

My husband has took them as well and lost 60 pounds with them in a years time and did not gain any of it back and had no side effects as well
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I took it and it was GREAT for about 2 wks but the effectr wore off and I didnt feel any different..... so yea it was good but for only a short time!!!!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    the bad out weighs the good. i took it. 1 good thing - i did lose weight but it made me:
    depressed
    angry
    addicted
    constipated (TMI but true)
    if i drank i blacked out
    i'd faint randomly
    dehydrated
    high blood pressure - doc will stop presctription if you arent healthy.
    TERRIBLE for your liver, worse than alcohol
    not to mention expensive doc visits just to get prescription
    the ones onlike are fakes. i tried. they do nothing, and cost 3 x more.
    cannot get it once you are no longer "over weight" if you aren't happy with what you lost and are under weight, then too bad you can't get anymore.

i EFFS you all up... and i did gain weight back... if it was really worth it, i wouldnt be here now.
  • leonabrown1991
    Options
    WELL I WENT TO THE DOCTOR. AND THEY SAID ID BE BEST NOT TO TAKE THEM DUE TO ANXIETY.. SO I GUESS THATS FOR THE BEST. IVE DONE SOME READING ON IT. BUT THAT THE ONLY THING IM WORRIED ABOUT IS GAINING IT BACK

BUT THX FOR THE ADDVICE.. ILL PROBABLY JUST STICK TO WHAT IM DOING NOW! THX
  • miranda75
    miranda75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use to work for a doctor that would hand this drug out to anyone that asked for it. But before he did that he would have me do an EKG to check the heart and do one ever month after that just to make sure that the heart is not messed up by the meds. There were patients that loved it and lost a lot of weight on it and there were others that gained weight on it. Since I worked in the medical field for over 6 yrs I would not even think about taking this drug. The side effects of this drug are do bad for your health that it is not worth it
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used it several years ago. It wasn't a miracle, but it did give me more energy and controlled my appetite well. My doctor prescribed it for me. With all the hype about what these types of pills do to the heart, I do not think I would take it, knowing what I do now.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I work in Pharmaceuticals and I also know people on this medication some prescribed and some black market… The ultimate experience on a medication of this kind is appetite suppressant so if you take it as directed you will eat very little or some have no appetite at all in result will make you lose weight. However it is recommended that you follow a strict low-cal diet and are eating while on this medication. Also-this is a temporary medication used only for those severely overweight needed to lose weight like right now. The typical Rx is only 4-6 weeks to kick start a new lifestyle. Also short-term as this medication is addicting and take note of the side effects:
    • dry mouth
    • unpleasant taste
    • diarrhea
    • constipation
    • vomiting
    • increased blood pressure
    • heart palpitations
    • restlessness
    • dizziness
    • tremor
    • insomnia
    • shortness of breath
    • chest pain
    • dizziness
    • swelling of the legs and ankles
    • difficulty doing exercise that you have been able to do
    The medication WILL work, if used properly, but is your weight severe enough for the risks above and is 4-6 weeks of weight loss worth this when in the end all you will be doing in a month is developing a healthy lifestyle you can start right now on your own :smile: