Hip Hop Abs

Options
Anyone tried it? Like it? I is it effective?

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. Loved it. Have not done the whole program but I'm pretty confident in saying that its effective as Shaun T is no joke. It may look like fun but its an awesome work out.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    I started my fitness journey back in 2008 with Shaun T.... I did Hip Hop Abs daily and was able to lose 30lbs!!!!! It is a FUN and effective workout, and Shaun T is sooooo freakin funny!!!

I still say he is why I got pregnant with my now 19mo old! No, he is not baby daddy, but he got my looking pretty fierce and DH thought so too!!!!!

Do it, you will like it!!!!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey back in 2008 with Shaun T.... I did Hip Hop Abs daily and was able to lose 30lbs!!!!! It is a FUN and effective workout, and Shaun T is sooooo freakin funny!!!

I still say he is why I got pregnant with my now 19mo old! No, he is not baby daddy, but he got my looking pretty fierce and DH thought so too!!!!!

Do it, you will like it!!!!

LOL!! ok, i think i am going to invest in that dvd. Is the music good? And 30lbs?! thats friggin awesome! congrats!
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    Tameka - I acepted your friend req! Also, the music is cool, I mean there are a few songs you will recognize, Rhiana, *****cat Dolls, and a 50 Cent track....if u are looking for the music to be louder, just select the option "music louder" or something like that.... I work out in my living room at 4am, cant exactly party it up!!! Also, if you are looking for more dance, check out Rockin Body (by Shaun T as well), I love that program too!!!!
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Candiceg13, are you in Wowy? I'm a 4 am person that always needs extra workout buddies.
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    I did it for a couple of weeks, it's fun but I found I didn't burn many calories.
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I absolutley LOVE hip hop abs, its getting up and doing it that comes and goes. I have a gym membership and that is working better for me but I have been contemplating going back to the cd's. I did it for about 3 months a couple years ago and lost like 17-18 lbs and barely monitoring my diet. Anything new that you add will work, need to change it up a bit now and then, shock the system. good luck and hope you enjoy it

ps, I always did it with the curtains closed, i'm not that great of a dancer :laugh:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I burn about 200 calories during the 30 minute workout, I think it's called Fat Burning Cardio. It is fun. He is so flamboyant that you catch yourself laughing while you're trying to work out!! It flies by too, before you know it, you're finished.