ZUMBA

Options
Has anyone used the Zumba workouts? How long did it take to see any results?

Replies

• Kristen713
    Options
    I Just started taking a Zumba class so nothing yet but I will let you know
  • sarahtigr
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I absolutely love it! Its so much fun. But I can't say that I've been doing it faithfully and eating right so no results yet really except for the workouts seem a little easier. Must be getting better with cardio!
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't know.... I have yet to be faithful to my zumba workouts. I CAN tell you that THE FIRM will get you fast results if you follow it w/ your diet program. :flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It definitely gives you a workout! I still need to wear my HRM to see exactly how much I burn. I use an elliptical too so hard to say how well the Zumba works but if it makes me sweat it must work!!
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I have been taking classes 2x a week at the local YMCA they last 55 min for maybe 2 mo and when I work out I use the elliciptal but from the Zumba classes I can see alot of change in my core. Its alot of hips. I love going to class its fun and you focus more on learing the rutine vs "working out"
  • NitaBnatural
    Options
    Zumba is great!!! It works on all areas of the body and you are having so much fun you really don't notice you are working out. The infomercials are true. I noticed a change with a couple weeks in the way my clothes fit. I do it twice a week for an hour. Join the party!
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I burn anywhere from 600 to 800 calories in an hour. As for results...I do Zumba along with tons of other cardio and strength training and in 25 weeks I've lost 49 pounds. I give tons of credit to Zumba because it's exercise that I LOVE doing.
  • leonabrown1991
    Options
    WEL THE GYM IM GOING TO NOW. THEY HAVE ZUMBA CLASSES. AND IM TAKING IT TONIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME.

THE PEOPLE UP THERE HAD TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD SOME OF THOSE WATCHES THAT SHOW YOU HOW MANY CALORIES YOU BURN, AND THEY SAID THEY GET UP TO 800 - 1000 LBS EACH TIME
  • AngieRevised
    Options
    If you work yourself hard and have a great instructor, You will start seeing things move around in only a few weeks. Zumba Toning is great too, I usually alternate.

Good Luck to you and go put the zoom zoom into your boom boom! :wink:
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba around the middle of January and that, combined with cutting out soda, helped me lose 12 pounds so far :)
  • Lacy1981
    Lacy1981 Posts: 6
    Options
    It's very effective! And it's fun!
  • Kantrell
    Kantrell Posts: 17
    Options
    I started the Zumba 10 day Challenge last Tuesday and that next week I saw some changes, and this was before my 10th day... So I definately recommend it.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    zumba is fab! i have been going to zumba classes for over 10 months now, and its great fun and helps to tone too! i burn between 500-600 per class