Calorie Burning for Sexual Activities

Options
Can someone tell me how many calories having sex burns (on average)... It's not listed in the database.

Replies

• melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew! I joked with my husband that I'm gonna wear my HRM next time.. We actually both think it's a great idea!
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    LOL I love this. I think the reason maybe is that it would be hard to average calories.. Just lying there why dude does his thing.. lol. vs.. wild and frisky kind of love. Maybe if you really feel like you got a workout (sweaty, etc) you could classify it as aerobic? Or yoga if you are doing all bendy... lol
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to do that too. I read somewhere years ago that the average sexual encounter is like climbing 7 flights of stairs. Maybe we can log it under that. LOL

Here is a site I found. http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm

Hee hee hee!

LOL...Instead of saying, "Wait babe lemme put in my diaphragm" You'd say..."Wait babe...lemme put on my HRM!" LMAO!!!!!!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i dont know a number but i read somewhere it is not as many as you would think. I decided not to record that and just use it as a cushion on my calories LOL
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how many calories having sex burns (on average)... It's not listed in the database.

Wear and HRM and use that to estimate.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    It is not as much as you would think. I don't even bother logging it.

Here's a similar thread that may help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/125164-calories-burned-during-sex?hl=sex+cal+burn
  • kvaldez95
    kvaldez95 Posts: 25
    Options
    85 to 200 calories
  • PokenStick
    PokenStick Posts: 204
    Options
    Not enough for it to be a concern.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Wear and HRM and use that to estimate.

May sound funny but he is right if you really really want answers. And not to be crass, but you will burn at different rates all the time. It depends on how much work you are doing and the duration. I really would not bother logging and monitoring it, just enjoy and know you burned a few extra calories.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options

yup!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Logging sex would be like logging calories for dusting, vacuuming...you already did it BEFORE you tried to lose weight. It isn't an additional workout above and beyond your normal activity. Not that I am comparing sex to vacuuming...:wink:
  • Marrissam
    Marrissam Posts: 12
    Options
    LOL... Well since I don't have a lot of sex anyway I guess it's not important. LOL at all of you guys. :)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I guess that all depends on the frequency and duration! :bigsmile:
    If you are "performing" enough to burn hundreds of calories each session...YOU GO GIRL! :smokin:
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    Not that I am comparing sex to vacuuming...:wink:

Why not? Lots of pushing, pulling, and sucking trying to hit all the "dirty" spots. :tongue:

Ha ha :)
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOL...Instead of saying, "Wait babe lemme put in my diaphragm" You'd say..."Wait babe...lemme put on my HRM!" LMAO!!!!!!

LMAO! OMG thats great!

I believe ont he other fitness website, which i do not like, livestrong.com, they have that in their database.... lol