The chocolate Friday saga - episode 2,879 LOL

Options
So, for those of you in my news feed you will already be aware of the weekly nightmare that is chocolate Friday!!!!! For those of you who aren't I'll break down.

There is a tradition in the school I work in that each Friday a member of staff will take turns to fill the staff room table with 'TREATS', chocolates, cookies, cakes, crisps, pastries etc :yawn: :bigsmile: :sad:

So every week I have to contend with a table filled with all the things I love (I have a major sweet tooth) but am trying to avoid in a bid to lose these last 9lbs!

Very often I fail miserably but last week I was able to succeed through careful planning & trying my best to avoid the staff room at all costs.

However, my challenge this week is: 1 - I've given up chocolate for lent and 2 - TOM is here (cue ravenous hunger and uncontrollable sugar cravings)

eeeeeeek - what am going to do? Help! :sad: :sad:

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Your a brave soul not the chocolate!!! I usually use Special K bars to get through TOM time is it to let to give up something else for lent?
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Are you allowed hot chocolate? Thats what I have when TOM is visiting.
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you can do it! get a few pieces of hard candy or chew gum! be strong!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    @herb1968 - Nah no hot chocolate. All chocolate related products out of bounds for lent.

Lord help me!!!!!!!! LOL
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...How about Peanut Butter it's delicious on Apples.
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oikos Greek yogurt with caramel is the best thing I've found to help my sweet tooth on those icky days!