Vegan here

Options
MrsCon40
MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
Looking for other vegans (or not!) to add to my support group here!

I have been veg/vegan for 17+ years and am trying to lose the dairy weight I put on when I fell off the vegan wagon ;-)

Replies

• shellymc
    shellymc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegan too. Dairy doesn't agree with me and meat is hard to digest. It helps that one of my daughters is vegan and the other two are vegetarian.
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi!
    I have been playing around with veganism and raw food for ohh almost a year now.
    I'm not 100% but it is my eventual goal to be :)
    I'm LOVING it so far, its so much more than just healthy eating, isn't it?
    My name is Lael BTW :) I'm in Alberta. Nice to meet you!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello there:)

My name is Jessica. I hope you don't mind these questions, but I've googled and each forum says something different...What is the difference between vegan and vegetarian?? Anywhoo meats don't agree with my tummy, except for chicken! so it was just a thought of maybe looking into this more.

-Jessica
  • pariskelly
    pariskelly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A vegan doesn't eat (or wear) any animal products (meat and dairy). A vegetarian, like myself, doesn't eat meat, but will eat dairy (eggs, cheese, milk).

Welcome!
  • MrsCon40
    Options
    well said!
  • Sj20fame
    Options
    Whoah! O_O No dairy....?? so....what do you substitute for milk? ex. cereal?
  • MrsCon40
    Options
    I am not a fan or soy or rice milk, but think almond and coconut milks are delicious! i don't actually use much - my family does, though.
  • Sj20fame
    Options
    almond and coconut milk, sounds yummy! Never seen those at the grocery store?? I've tried soy milk, I actually like it!
  • kulaprabha
    Options
    I'm not vegan but been vegetarian for about 30 years. I joined MFP about 5 months ago and have lost 28lbs. Until three weeks ago when it all stopped - haven't been cheating and am getting good amount of exercise so a bit discouraged. But as my daughter pointed out , at least I'm not getting heavier!