Options
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/the-heart-attack-grill-24471051

What is this world coming to?

VERY eye opening video.

Replies

• rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is disgusting. Don't get me wrong, once I get down to my goal weight and switch to maintenance, I'll probably chow down on a normal burger occasionally, especially after my husband comes home. But to glorify it, and allow obese people to eat for free is terrible.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very sad :cry:
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    WOW...how very strange...sheesh...thats more than my brain can handle...
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The grease dripping of the burgers made me wanna gag!

It's disgusting that this guy is making money on glorifying obesity. Not to mention the fact that he had NO remorse for their "spokesmodel" dying at the age of 29.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    We have one by my school....I've never been to it, and after watching this video I DEFINITELY will never go to it!! Disgusting!
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Simple matter is that people have free will. Why do people patron the restaurant? Because they want to. The business is not to blame, nor the owner. Isn't this what's great about America? The freedom to build upon your dreams and have an equal shot at success. It creates an opportunity for those who like it to eat there, and those who don't care for it don't have to stop by.

The same "I don't think what you do is right, thus it shouldn't exist" debate is prevalent amongst almost everything. Peta, abortion, sexual orientation, smoking, etc.

Live and let live.
  • Estrella4ever
    Options
    :indifferent: 29!! He was young.... very sad.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    These people are grown adults,with free will.I dont see anyone holding a gun to their head making them eat there.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just finished watching this video...so sad about their late spokesman but I'm even more upset with the fact that their new guy still goes even after his cardiologist AND wife don't want him too... so sad.
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Saw that on some show before on Discovery Channel or something...that is just insane!
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Simple matter is that people have free will. Why do people patron the restaurant? Because they want to. The business is not to blame, nor the owner. Isn't this what's great about America? The freedom to build upon your dreams and have an equal shot at success. It creates an opportunity for those who like it to eat there, and those who don't care for it don't have to stop by.

The same "I don't think what you do is right, thus it shouldn't exist" debate is prevalent amongst almost everything. Peta, abortion, sexual orientation, smoking, etc.

Live and let live.

I agree fully. I just think the idea is insane.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    OK, I know I liked fast food and when I get down to my target weight will allow myself a treat once in a while but that is just wrong.
    :explode:
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is seriously unbelievable. Like I keep waiting for them to say, "PSYCH! It's all a joke!". Let me just say that I LOVE fattening foods, but the extent to which their food is literally drenched in lard, made me gag. Not to mention the emotional gag I felt when I saw how much they are glorifying obesity and obesity-related disease and death! I genuinely believe anyone who eats there is a nutjob. Okay, there's my radical statement of the day.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    They have signs up everywhere saying its bad for you...people still eat there.Its not the fault of the resraunts its the fault of each indvidual that continues to eat in a way that will kill them.
    Dont blame the bullet and the gun,blame the person that pulled the trigger
    not to sound insensitive but thats how I feel
  • agdeierl
    Options
    Honestly, if people have that much evidence of how unhealthy it is (both spokespersons having suffered serious health consequences), and eat there anyway and get obese/ill/die, I have little to no sympathy for them. For their non-participating families and friends, yes, but not for them. There is no way to express that level of foolishness.
  • agdeierl
    Options
    They have signs up everywhere saying its bad for you...people still eat there.Its not the fault of the resraunts its the fault of each indvidual that continues to eat in a way that will kill them.
    Dont blame the bullet and the gun,blame the person that pulled the trigger
    not to sound insensitive but thats how I feel

I absolutely agree. It's the American way, after all. I don't believe he doesn't have the "right" to do what he's doing. I just think that just because it's his right as an American citizen, doesn't mean he's not a crazy, sick *kitten* devoid of empathy and compassion for doing it.
    I also think it's more the way he markets it that is so disturbing (doctor outfits, free food for someone morbidly obese, sexy nurse outfits, etc.) rather than just the fact that he serves up horrifyingly unhealthy food.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    That is disgusting! Not just in a dieter's point of view, but in every way. That guy has zero respect for humanity and for his friends. Exploiting those people and having NO remorse over it.. that's what gets me. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap him. I agree, the marketing is great, the idea is a money marker.. there is no doubt there, but the lack of respect and responsibility is revolting.:mad:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Makes you wonder how many heart attacks are induced there, doesn't it? A fat out of shape body can only handle so much abuse, and eating that quantity all at once is asking a LOT! But...to each his own.

I instructed my husband last night that on my deathbed, he is to make me a "fluffer nutter" sandwich! Wonderbread, butter, creamy peanut butter, & marshmallow creme! MMMMMMMmmmmmmm....I only had on once and knew better than to try it again! Hopefully I'll have an appetite on my death bed, but I doubt it! = D
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    These people are grown adults,with free will.I dont see anyone holding a gun to their head making them eat there.
    I agree. You certainly wouldn't catch a MFP member there! :glasses: