Not Losing like I should be...why?

Options
So, my calorite intake per day is 1390, I always eat ALL my calories. If I work out, I also normally east most of those as well. I lost my first 10 lbs in the first month...but I have not been able to lose the 2lbs a week like it says I should be since the first month. I have lost 2 lbs in the past 25 days...WHAT IS GOING ON?

Any ideas or suggestions for me? People on here are losing 10+ lbs a month! HOW??? Oh, and I have been keeping track of measurements and those are moving either..grr.

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When you ask questions like this u need to open your food diary so people can help/advise you??/:flowerforyou:
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I would try lowering the calorie intake if possible even just by 100. Not sure what to really suggest I haven't been on here long.
  • amomathome
    Options
    Well, I am newer to this site, and I don't mean to put out any medical advise or offend anyone...
    But, have you been checked for PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome with insulin resistance?)? It makes losing weight very slow, but it can be done. I am at the beginning of my journey and I have PCOS. I am sorry if I am way off base. Maybe others will have better ideas?
  • jmdoepp
    jmdoepp Posts: 3
    Options
    If you are being truly honest with your calorie tracking, including butter on potatoes, ketchup on fries, etc.....then perhaps your calorie intake goal is set up incorrectly. It is a general guideline and not everyone burns calories the exact same way. Try changing your activity level in your goal to a lower level which will lower your calorie goal.
    Strenuous exercise that gets your pulse in the high aerobic range will help boost your metabolism. Keep in mind to work up to that and if you have health issues, check with your doctor.
    Also, if you haven't done this, get a food scale and weight your food. You may find that you are misjudging the amount of the serving and taking in more calories then you thought.

Hope this helps.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's a really low calorie level actually. I'm about your size (height and weight) and my calorie allotment is 1600 with a goal of 1lb a week. Perhaps you should try for losing 1lb a week - your body might be reacting to the low calories by going into starvation mode. (I see you've lost 12 lbs - good for you!)

Also, consider medical causes. Slightly low thyroid, some anti-depressants, and some birth control pills can all cause weight gain. (Some other meds can too.) Elevated stress hormones and PCOS can also cause weight gain/retention. I have PCOS myself - it actually got diagnosed because I told the doctor I was eating 1500 cals a day, working out 45 minutes a day and hadn't lost any weight in a month. Then she did some blood work until we found the cause.

Last, look at where the balance of your food is. Are you eating all your calories in fats and starches? (I made that mistake on WW. Bad results.) Get those 5 servings of veggies and fruit in every day, even if it means going a couple calories over. It will make a huge difference.

Post an update too! I'd love to hear how this gets solved. And keep going - it's worth it.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good point! I had to get a scale myself because my idea of a serving was WAY off.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 184 and have been on this site for 15 days without any results. I've been honest, including when i screw up, or when i do wonderful. So i understand your pain, i'm only allowed 1350 a day and its been very hard.

I really think your problem is that your body is going into shock. your eating VERY little and sometimes your body will actually stop losing weight because its thinking "oh crap i'm on a deserted island i need to conserve all this weight"
    i would defiantly spike that metabolism up, ask your doctor the amount of calories you should be eating to lose a pound as well as keeping it off.
    and by the way congratulations for losing 10 pounds that awesome!!!!!!