1 11
5 55
10 111
20 221
30 332
40 443
50 554
60 (1 Hour) 664

depending on my weight, 174. does anyone think that is accurate? on MFP it tells me 30mins of curves is 193 cal burned.. hmm. to give you an idea, i jog on every recovery board instead of walking, and work my *kitten* off on the machines lol. what do you ladies put in for your exercise when you do curves?

Replies

• Akeddie
    Akeddie Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey there mandie,

I'm larger than you (223) but I used Curves SMART, the little key tag things. My heart rate is consistently between 75-80% of the recommended and I do slow jog/fast jog alternating on the recovery boards. Curves SMART says I burn somewhere between 350 and 400 for 30 minutes.
    If you don't have curves smart definately find out about it because it'll help keep you motivated and pushing at least as hard as you have been and let you know approximately how many calories you've burned.
  • ethel64
    ethel64 Posts: 91
    Options
    if you use the smart tag then you should see your calories burned on the computer after your workout..
  • zutshihora
    zutshihora Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Very helpful. Just jad my first session at Curves. Thx.
  • lesliroot
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a Curves owner and coach and those stats sound pretty accurate to me. Your calorie burn is dependent on weight so the more you weigh the more you burn. Does your Curves provide classes? If so I recommend participating in the Jillian michaels workout or the body basics as these classes will challenge you in between machines on top off pushing as hard as you can on the machines. Good luck at your club, we have had sooooo many successful ladies and hopefully you will find a sense of community and support there as well! Don't be afraid to talk will your coach about your goals and concerns as well, that's what we are there for! Best of luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    The stats sound reasonable. Keep it up!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I loved Curves when I went. Unfortunately the Curves near my office and the one near my home both closed and that was the end of that. I found it to be an efficient and effective work out.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I ❤️ curves. Seriously it keeps me on track and consistent. It holds me accountable. The curves smart key tag is genius. I weigh 140 and I burn about 250-275 calories in my 30 minute circuit.