Take a look at my food log..

Options
Arynamber
Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
Embarassing but I want to get the best results... Please look at my food log. Besides the chocolate (yes I know its there and it wont be from now on) Can you please offer suggestions as to what I can improve on? Oh and I am unable to get online most weekends.. hence no entries. Thanks :)

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I think your meals look pretty good but your snacks could be a little better. Maybe mix a protein and/or a fruit/veggie with your carby snack, or nix the carb all together. Instead of goldfish crackers I would probably have a string cheese and an apple or some celery and hummus. That helps me stay full longer.

You can still have chocolate, maybe just a smaller amount?

Are you having a problem with anything in particular? Eating all your calories or being hungry at certain times of the day?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Record your weekend food on paper, as best you can and add it when you get to the computer. Don't worry about tracking calories, you will find out after the fact. '-) By the way, dark chocolate in small doses is healthy so you don't need to remove it completely (I like Dove Dark Chocolate Promises). One piece goes a long way to please my palatte. As long as you are getting plenty of fruits and vege's and protein you should be fine. However I am not a fanatic at tracking food pyramid choices daily, I figure it works out over a week.
  • AutimnRose
    Options
    I havent had a chance to look at your food log but I can suggest trying to plan ahead as much a possible. Having at least a general idea of what i am going to eat from day to day realy helps me. Like I know every morning I will have a yogurt and either cereal or grits or maybe a piece of fruit. Lunch I have at work so I have figured out what my options are based on how many calories I set aside for lunch and stick to different combinations of those foods. Then dinner is basicaly whatever. By planning my breakfast and lunch I can have some freedom in my dinner. Snacks are either 100 calorie packs of something or fruit, maybe frozen yogurt. Also once a week or so I allow myself to splurge a bit. It gives me something to work for and helps keep me on track the rest of the week.
  • mamichulany
    Options
    track your sugar intake on here i think you will be surprised what your intake is. a month ago i would have looked at your diary and wondered what was wrong with it but since ive been tracking sugar intake its making sense that because i have too much sugar in my diet i cant loose weight especially from those really annoying places... In 30 days I saw a tremendous difference in my mood, my appearnance, especially my stomach and I've lost almost 5 lbs! give it a try
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    quick comments: eat more protein and less carbs (meaning cut out the goldfish/triscuts/etc

You need better snacks - once again no goldfish or CRAISINS (hello sugar)

I'm a fan of the raw cucumber slices with hummus (not crackers) for a nice snack :)

Hope it helps...
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Ok, two things I see are sodium and your calories from coffee. The sodium both the days wheh they were high (one went over) was mainly from the black forest ham subway sanswhich. Ham has tons of sodium compared to turkey or chicken. I'm not saying don't eat it, but if you have a cheat day save it for then. Your coffee is a lot of calories for how little you drink. I tried a few things and got 6 oz of coffee down to 37 calories by using 2 tsp coffeemate fat free (or low fat if you prefer, same calories) powdered creamer and 1 tsp sugar.

For the chocolate, have it if you want it but in small amounts and find substitutes for your favorites. A good chocolaty muffin with only 170 calories is this:
    1 box devils food cake mix
    1 15oz can pumpkin puree

Mix the two together (no eggs and such). It will be thick. Put in 12 muffin tins, lined or sprayed with Pam and bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees. So yummy. They are a little high on carbs (I think) so one per day should be good.
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I am going to incorporate your suggestions! and no not really a trouble area (besides being addicted to chocolate.which is why I think I have to give it up completly) I am just restarting this all and I want to make sure Im doing it the best I can. :)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I am going to incorporate your suggestions! and no not really a trouble area (besides being addicted to chocolate.which is why I think I have to give it up completly) I am just restarting this all and I want to make sure Im doing it the best I can. :)

I was addicted to chocolate myself before I started this. I drink my 8 glasses of water (fluids) a day and eat more healthy options and these last few days I have had no cravings for chocolate and I'm almost done with week 3. Just cut it out until you can say no when you have to and yes when you know you can handle just a serving of something. Good luck with it all!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was that your processed foods intake is VERY high. This is why your sodium intake is always over. In addition to being sodium laden, processed foods are often stripped of a lot of their nutrients and are generally "empty" calories-- these are things like the flavored quick oats, Goldfish, etc.

Second, you need to consume more lean protein like fish, chicken, nonfat plain yogurt, etc. This is especially important at breakfast: trade in the cheese and milk for a serving of Greek Yogurt or an egg white omelet with mixed veggies.

While your fruit consumption is pretty good, you are very lacking in vegetables. Try to get in at least 3 cups at both dinner and lunch; preferably cruciferous ones like broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, spinach, etc.
  • Curvyboom
    Options
    Fruit and fruit juices pack in tons of sugar, so watch those. Try getting the GNC Pro Performance chocolate protein shake to use as snacks. It's quick, tastes like chocolate milk, and fills you up between meals
  • AutimnRose
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do this! :)