Bodybugg vs. any other HRM

Options
kim_mc
kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
OK...so I really want to know what I'm truly burning during a workout and sometimes the estimates I get off a website just don't seem accurate.

So...I want a bodybugg but just can't afford it right now. I am wondering if there is a HRM out there is considered to be fairly accurate, less expensive, and doesn't require a membership to the website. I am only interested in tracking calories burned during a workout.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks!

Replies

• twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love my polar! I recommend getting an HMR that also has a strap that goes around below the chest. Pay a little more for a good one and it'll last you a long time!!!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I bought a wrist one from Walmart that was 27 bucks and I really like it :)
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch

Check it out on Amazon. I don't know how the price compares to Polar, but this one, you can replace the batteries yourself.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    what the heck does a body bugg actually do?
  • GirlPower1018
    Options
    I also love my polar heart rate monitor it was about $180.00 but worth the money it is very accurate and it comes with a personal trainer in the watch. Sounds Funny I know but the watch will make sure you stay in your target HR and if you go outside the Target it will warn you will a beep.

Good Luck.
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    me too. inexpensive is KEY!
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a Go Wear Fit from BodyMedia which is like BodyBugg but cheaper. I got it on ebay new in the box with free month's 3 subscription for $105. I really like it because MFP was way overestimating my calories burned and now I know exactly. Sometimes you can find really good deals on ebay if you watch for it.
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I also got one at Walmart. I paid about 47$ for it. It comes with a chest strap and has the beeping you can set for going above or below your HR and other little functions like timers and such. I use it mainly for a time check and to track my calorie burn. Can't remember the brand off the top of my head...will post later when I get home!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch

Check it out on Amazon. I don't know how the price compares to Polar, but this one, you can replace the batteries yourself.

I have this one and the calories burned isn't really accurate but the heart rate seems to be.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT7 and LOVE it. Mine was $100 but totally worth the investment. You have to remember this is your health so it's worth dropping a few extra bucks. That's how I see it.
  • MsNikia
    MsNikia Posts: 8
    Options
    @ girlpower1018 ...which polar model do you have?
  • kim_mc
    Options
    So it's looking like the polar may be the route to go for a little less money. Do you all think that the calories burned are pretty accurate though. I really don't want to have it overestimate.

Do you think the Polar FT7 then??
    Thanks!

For those of you that have purchased one from walmart for cheaper, do you find these calories burned to be accurate?
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a Go Wear Fit from BodyMedia which is like BodyBugg but cheaper. I got it on ebay new in the box with free month's 3 subscription for $105. I really like it because MFP was way overestimating my calories burned and now I know exactly. Sometimes you can find really good deals on ebay if you watch for it.

I have the BodyMedia FIT also. I ordered mine from Amazon. I love it! I feel totally in control of everything now. Turns out I was not eating enough before, I've increased my calories I eat and the weight is now coming off like magic!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT7 and LOVE it. Mine was $100 but totally worth the investment. You have to remember this is your health so it's worth dropping a few extra bucks. That's how I see it.

I have the same heart rate monitor and agree with you 100% about investing in your health! I love my Ft7 also!
  • kim_mc
    Options
    purchased body media fit today after all! price on ebay wasnt that much more than a polar and i got a 12 month subscription to the site1 thanks for the advice everyone!