30 Day Shred Recovery

Options
Hi all MFPers!!! I hope you are doing great!

I've recently started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I'm now approaching Day 3 of Level 1 and it hurts! I mean to laugh or even sneeze!!! Lol!

Is there anything else I can be doing apart from the usual DVD cool down stretches to ensure I'm not too achy the next day. I want to be able to do 100% of it EACH day and not get any injuries!!

Happy Losing!!!

Tess xxx

Replies

• CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Best thing to do is work through it. It will be sore now, but believe me, the soreness will go in the next few days!

I completed it yesterday and I was a complete beginner to exercise. My fitness level has increased dramatically and I feel stronger! So stick with it, it'll pay off and the soreness will be a thing of the past soon!
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Hi:)
    I started too a while ago and was SOO sore. It was laughable. I would yawn, and for some reason my legs would hurt haha.
    When I was SUUUPER sore I did the DVD again that night before I went to bed. I helped SO much. I know that sound stupid and crazy. But I was so sore it hurt to move, but I knew if I didn't work out as much as I wanted to I would feel guilty. The next morning I felt SO much better.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Always remember to eat your potassium and stretch those muscles! Above all, don't shy away for a few days and then go back to it. Trust me. You can take a day off if it hurts that bad, but jump back into it and do what you can!
  • TessyMore
    TessyMore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!!! I did day 3 this evening and it was tough but I've noticed bits where I'm improving already!!!

Bring on Day 4!!!!!!