duely noted, don't get popcorn at the next movie

Options
hroush
hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
Movie Theaters Fight to Keep 1,460-Calorie Popcorn From Rule

For some reason, some movie theatres don't want their customers to know that the popcorn contains almost 1500 calories.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-03-10/movie-theaters-fight-to-keep-1-460-calorie-popcorn-from-rule.html

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    OMG, I don't buy their popcorn and usually have to sneak in my own that is more healthy. That is just gross to me! If they want to keep oushing their popcorn maybe they should offer the healthier alternative so we have a choice.
  • BrittBritt117
    Options
    Almost 3 Big Macs?! HOLY CRAP!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Most movie theater companies these days have the nutrition facts online but rarely anyone checks that... I actually did the other day cause I wanted to know the cals....

Its disgusting plus all the fake butter and extra sodium....ew
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    OMG, I don't buy their popcorn and usually have to sneak in my own that is more healthy. That is just gross to me! If they want to keep oushing their popcorn maybe they should offer the healthier alternative so we have a choice.

I agree!!!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to the movies since I started MFP partially because I love movie popcorn and know I don't want to log that grossness! Thanks for sharing! It improves my resolve!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm so grateful for lower fat popcorn because those numbers just SCARE me!! :noway:

The UK is now closing in on foods that contain so many calories and it wont be long before cinemas have to display nutritional values on the side of their products..

Then they will see their profits slide...

Good! :laugh:
  • Dmonique85
    Dmonique85 Posts: 112
    Options
    holy crap....no wonder it makes me sick the next day heh...well it's been a while, I usually pop a mini bag when I get a craving (which is often since my co-workers are ALWAYS making popcorn). They are trying to make us fatter & lazier so we don't have the energy to do any different sort of outing.
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    pretty sure that's for a size a normal person doesn't eat by herself...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I just sneak my own stuff in my purse,I mean now days you have to take out a loan just to be able to pay for all that overpriced crap at the theaters anyways lol
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Holy Saturated Fatballs Batman!!

That's insane, I think I'll be sneaking my own snacks in from now on!!!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love that nasty, fatty popcorn :frown:

I almost never (less than once per year) eat it, because I never go to the movies, but it is one of my favorite things to eat.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i love movie popcorn but i never eat a whole bag. i usually get one to share with my children when we go.
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Okay, so I actually emailed my local cinema for nutrition information on their popcorn.

I got a reply, but they only gave me the information for 100g without telling me what the serving sizes for each popcorn size actually is.
    Not overly helpful, but at least they replied. They did, however, neglect to comment about putting the information on their website so it's available for people to view.