More motivation, less beer!

Options
Hi my name is Michelle and I am 20 years old.
I got this application for my phone and decided to see if this could actually help me lose some weight.

Recently, as of 6 months ago I started dating my boyfriend, and after work we would always go out to play some pool, drink some beers, and eat some pizza from down the street.

He doesn't put on any weight, he is a stick! And I am slowly getting heavier and heavier. I am at my heaviest weight I have ever been at 190.

My goal weight is 160, and I'm here introducing myself because I need some motivation, as I have little will power, especially because of my boyfriend!

Replies

• demiashlyn
    demiashlyn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am in the SAME boat as you, and as a 20 year year old my biggest motivation is summer! i wanna be outside in my swimsuit with all my friends and feel awesome about it! and of course look awesome, so when ever you want pizza and beer ( and i ALWAYS do) just think about those hot summer days ahead!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Hello Michelle, great to meet u! This is a wonderful place to get the motivation u want! Hopefully it'll help u replace the beer and pizza for healthier options but I know only too well how difficult that can be :wink: Try to log ur food everyday to help make u accountable for ur daily calories. U can do this!!
    Kelly
  • michelleberard
    Options
    Thanks :) I'll try and do that, right now I am a month away from my 21 birthday and I want to feel and look good for it!
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    For me, if I'm going to diet, I don't want to tell mysel no. So, if you want to have been and pizza, help yourself. Try to have light beer though; either low carb or low calorie. As for pizza, maybe just limit yourself to one slice and make sure all your other meals are low calorie. If you wanna splurge on a 2nd slice, go for it, just make sure you work those extra calories off with exercise. Drink LOTS of water too. The water will help with portion control because you'll feel full faster. Good luck. As a pizza and beer girl, I know how tough it can be.
  • BrittBritt117
    Options
    oh man I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer here, but turning 21 was THE worst thing for my body (well, I'm 23 now and still have to force myself to stop drinking so much)....lol. My friends and I just went NUTS practically that whole year with going out to bars, and we ALWAYS had to go on the 3am White Castle run. That being said, don't do what I did!! lol. Easier said than done, but this site definitely helps keep you on track! Good luck! =)
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I feel your pain! My boyfriend can eat whatever he wants and not gain a pound... me on the otherhand is a different story. It's super hard to stick to your diet when your significant other isn't dieting and you have to watch with your salad as they devour their oh so yummy (but fattening) meal. I found that after a while of not having those fattening foods, your taste for them slowly goes away and you start to build a craving for healthy foods. Just stick with it!

Oh yeah, and beer is the enemy... I never knew how many cals were in it till I joined MFP... and light beer is nasty, like beer flavored water. Blech! :D
  • michelleberard
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    It was crazy the first night I had this application on my phone, I went to the bar (as usual) and inputted a Budweiser, I could not believe how many calories it had!
    I would intake my whole calories for the day in beer in one night.

But I really think this is going to help!

....could sure use a bud.
    hahah just kidding :)