why do i do this

Options
i never want to eat again. i feel so gross and fat and disgusting. ughhh. i need help.

Replies

• JayEm47
    Options
    i never want to eat again. i feel so gross and fat and disgusting. ughhh. i need help.
  • tookieb
    Options
    Did you go overboard? I did that on Saturday at a golf tournament. I didn't realize how many calories I took in until I logged everthing. It came out to around 2000 or more. All we can do is start again tomorrow and do our best. If you beat yourself up over a slip things will not get any better. Get back on the horse as they say. Sleep on it and don't dwell. I hope you feel better by morning.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way. IF you go over its ok because you are already at a deficit. You are not going to gain weight unless you eat 3500 calories in one day over your BMR. That is how I try to see it even though I know when you do it you feel really guilty. You cant beat yourself up for over doing it. If you do you make it harder to stay focused. I have been doing this for a month and half and yes there are times that is hard but I am jsut taking it one day at a time. And I still try to eat some of what I crave which most of the times is food not sweets. You can do this, we all can do this.

Connie
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    One day at a time that is so very true. This is a life time experience and we will have ups and downs. Just keep at it. When you feel that you messed up just go don't back on your old ways completely, stop, get on track and you will do fine. MFP is always here for you.

44118.png

:flowerforyou:
  • marisa0918
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You have already lost 7 pounds which is great. We all have those days where we don't do so good (Sun I ate not 1 but 2 cupcakes!!!!) Anyways just put it behind you and look to the future and keep thinking about your rewards!
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    One thing that is beautiful about our bodies is as it relates to fat gain, one, two or even 3 meals probably won't cause more than a 1lb if we really blow it and do NO exercise. Remember one pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories per pound of fat, so you'd really have to mess up bad. This is why our problems comes from weeks/months/years of doing bad!!!

Jump back on the horse you're human and will make mistakes. It takes us looking at ourselves in the mirror and saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Is my health worth turning down the double cheeseburger every now and then worth it YES
    Is avoiding diabetes, HTN and high cholesterol (precursors for stroke and heart attack) worth turning down the really good Mickkie D's fries YES

I've had to make a significant lifestyle adjustment and it has been very well worth it. It will to you also.
    Be of good courage and know you'll get out of anything, what you put into it.

God bless